Kitcott Wood, near South Molton, Devon. 1.46 acres of broadleaves with private gated access. £24,000 (freehold) [#F1722]
Mixed broadleaf woodland on level ground in a secluded location a few miles from Witheridge.
EX18 7EF (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 180
- Roadside gate: SS 752 169
- Centre of wood: SS 752 170
Kitcott Wood is a wonderful broadleaf woodland with its own private access in a very secluded part of the Devon countryside yet enjoys easy access from the nearby A361 Tiverton to Barnstaple road. The occasional lowing of a nearby herd of cattle tends to be the only disturbance to the peaceful environment.
Principally made up of oak, beech and sycamore trees, there is the odd ash, hazel, cherry and hawthorn too. The overhead canopy and thick covering of oak and beech leaves keep the vegetation under control. You will find the occasional bit of bramble, moss, grass, fern, snowdrop, cowslip, violet and dog’s mercury.
On our visits to the woodland we have seen plenty of little songbirds, perhaps a soaring bird of prey, a few hares and grey squirrels and tell-tale signs of foxes, rabbits and perhaps some deer too.
The ground is very flat and has no wet areas within, the soils are nice and deep brown earth which is the perfect growing medium for trees, but also makes a great place to enjoy the countryside and for low impact activities within the woodland such as camping and den building!
Access is directly off the main road via its own private entrance gate, and with no public rights of way in the woodland the new guardians of Kitcott Wood will enjoy total privacy.
If It Were Mine
This woodland requires very little in terms of management, I would maybe open up the access a bit more by clearing the existing track, tidy some of the overgrown areas and make an area to camp.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Witheridge, proceed out of the village passing Mole Valley Farmers on the left and continue northwest on the B3137 towards South Molton.
- After 3.2 miles, turn left at the crossroads sign posted to Chulmleigh and Chawleigh.
- Continue along the single lane road for half a mile to a second crossroads with a cream bungalow and wooden fence ahead.
- Continue over the crossroads towards Chulmleigh and Chawleigh along the single track road for 1 mile and you will see a timber gate set back from the road by 5 metres on the right hand side (point A on the plan below). This is the entrance to the woodland.
- If you go too far, you will see a second wooden gate with our Woods4Sale sign on it and a couple of signs on trees either side of the gate approximately 100 metres further down the road (point B).
- Please park in front of the gate and walk into the woodland, do not drive vehicles into the woodland.
- The north boundary is the earth bank with ditch and agricultural fence/field beyond.
- The southeast boundary is the earth bank.
- The southwest boundary is indicated by pink paint on trees and posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
There are no public rights of way within the woodland.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.