Mount Wood, Knighton, Powys, 3.46 acres of mature oak woodland for £28,000 (freehold) [#M907]
Beautiful mature oak woodland set in a stunning elevated position near to the bustling market town of Knighton, situated on the Powys Shropshire border.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 137.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SO 264 718.
- Centre of wood: SO 264 716.
Nearest postcode: LD7 1PG.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Mount Wood is a cheerful mature oak woodland within a 5 minute's drive of the centre of Knighton. Positioned along a recently upgraded hard surfaced track, the wood sits on a charming hill that offers superb views across the valleys.
The trees in this wood are mostly sessile oak, noted for the strong durable timber they produce and are host to a thriving ecology due to their steady rate of growth. This unique upland oak setting contains an abundance of flora including bilberry, ferns and bluebells, providing a colourful display of flowers in the spring and summer months. Bryophytes, lichens and fungi are plentiful, further evidence of an undisturbed and rich woodland habitat. A delight for nature lovers, Mount Wood is home to a wide variety of wildlife including the fox and badger. Such a rich ecology supports breeding birds such as pied flycatcher, redstart, and wood warbler with frequently heard tawny owls and woodpeckers.
As an amenity woodland, Mount Wood is a great space to explore and enjoy with the family. Frequent weekend visits or camping out in the summer would create memories to cherish for developing minds. As a finite resource, this wood will one day produce some fine timber and the new owner can take pride in sustaining the future of the woodland for the next generation.
If It Were Mine
The trees are developing well in this wood and silviculturally I would ensure that favoured trees have space in the canopy to grow by very sensitively felling those that are deprived. A small shelter could be built to dry any timber and provide shelter for the would-be forester.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Knighton leave the town on the A4113 heading towards Llandrindod Wells.
- After 0.6 miles keep straight on to A488 and after about 200 yards turn right.
- Follow the lane for 0.4 miles and turn left between two houses down Cwmgilla lane.
- After 0.3 mile the road will bear to the right, at which point you will see a metal gate with a sign on it (point A on the plan).
- The track continues through the gate (please close the gate behind you) to point B on the plan where there is a gate with our sign on it and a parking area.
- Please park here without blocking access and continue on foot. I’m sorry but we do not give out keys for viewing.
- Climb over the gate and walk following the track for about 280 metres to point C on the plan.
- Take the left fork, the wood starts here and continues on the right to point D on the plan.
- The north east boundary is indicated by red paint on trees and posts outside the track.
- The south east boundary is made up of posts and trees marked with blue paint and the agricultural fence.
- The south west boundary is indicated by blue paint on trees and posts.
- The west boundary is indicated by green paint on trees and posts and is outside the track.
- The north west boundary is indicated by yellow paint on trees and posts and is inside the track.
The woodland comes with full sporting rights.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is granted for Mount Wood from the roadside gate up to the woodland boundary (marked ABCE on the plan).
- A right of way is reserved along the track over the routes marked CD and EF for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers these rights of way.
- There are no public rights of way inside Mount Wood.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.