Victoria Wood, Llangamarch Wells, Powys, South Wales. 9.57 acres of mixed woodland for £79,000 (freehold) [#A838]
A substantial and productive amenity woodland in rural Powys served by a good track amidst beautiful countryside.
OS Landranger map: Sheet 147.
National Grid Ref:
- Access point A: SN 973 503.
- Woodland gate B: SN 978 498.
Centre of wood: SN 978 499.
Nearest postcode: LD4 4BA.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Victoria Wood occupies level and gently sloping terrain on the west side of a larger woodland in the pastoral heart of rural Powys. There are wide views to the west and south over pastures and woods towards the Eppynt Hills. The market town of Builth Wells is four miles to the east and Llandovery is about ½ an hour to the southwest.
The western section of the property supports an array of mature trees including oak, ash and larch, punctuated in winter by the occasional green of Norway spruce. Towards the centre of the wood the stands are younger, being variously composed of birch and occasional ash with an understorey of hazel plus occasional hawthorn and willow. The eastern fringe is dominated by pole stage Norway spruce.
The terrain is gently sloping with a few small folds which add interest without compromising access which is generally good across the site. A small attractive stream runs through the western side of the wood, which also offers the potential to construct a small pond.
Access is excellent - a well-found farm track connects the wood with the public road and this links with a recently upgraded stone track which wraps round two sides of the property. There is a good sized spur for ‘in-wood’ parking which is accessible to 2WD vehicles.
Victoria Wood offers a rare opportunity to acquire a larger amenity property in a stunning location. If this is in your budget, the variety of tree species and ages coupled with a wide range of woodland fauna and exceptional rural scenery should put this at the top of your viewing list.
If It Were Mine
I might brash some of the Norway spruce and consider a first thin in the next year or so. I would also look at harvesting some of the larger stems on the west side where advance regeneration makes continuous cover forestry a very real proposition. A network of small paths would open up the hidden delights of this wood.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head west from Builth Wells on the A483.
- On leaving the town travel exactly 3.9 miles then turn left onto a private road and immediately over a humped railway bridge (A on the plan). This turning off the main road is opposite a small chapel next to Llanfechan Farm (and about ½ mile after a bus garage on your right).
- Once over the bridge turn immediately right and follow the stone track for just over 1 km passing through three field gateways in a wide sweep to the woodland gate at B. Please park just outside this gate keeping all tracks clear.
- Climb the forest gate (B) and Victoria Wood is on your left after this point.
- Please note that we do not give out keys for viewing.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU LEAVE ALL FARM GATES ON THE ACCESS ROUTE EXACTLY AS YOU FOUND THEM.
- The northwest boundary (CD) is the field edge fence.
- The northeast boundary (DE) is an old stock fence, and (EFG) a line of yellow topped posts.
- The southeast boundary (BG) is the northwest side of the hard track indicated by blue-topped posts.
- The southwest boundary (BC) is the field edge fence.
The sporting rights are included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are included except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of access for all purposes to the property over the track ABG.
- A right of access is reserved to the adjacent woodland property over the track FG.
- A farming neighbour has a right to transit the wider wood over the route EFGH.
- Maintenance of all shared tracks is according to use.
- There are no public rights of way within the wood.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- The full contact details (full name, address & phone number) and date of birth of the legal purchaser(s)
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.