Llawryneuadd Wood, Llandeilo, Carmarthenshire. 3.13 acres of mixed riverside broadleaves in a private rural location for £59,000 (freehold) [#A2151]
Mature woodland with a small meadow and fishing both within and beyond the woodland boundary.
SA19 7AA (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Access gate (point G): ///admiral.keyboard.reliving
Centre of wood: ///cheetahs.scare.bedrooms
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 159
- Access gate (point G): SN 598 242
- Centre of wood: SN 593 244
Llawryneuadd Wood lies in a mosaic of woodland and grazing land on the north side of the Towy Valley about 2 miles west of the picturesque town of Llandeilo which boasts a wide range of facilities, shops and restaurants. Junction 40 of the M4 is about 15 miles to the south giving ready access to the larger part of South Wales and beyond.
The wood slopes down from agricultural fields on its upper east side to the banks of Afon Myddyfi (a tributary of the Towy) in a narrow combe valley. Steep in parts, Llawryneuadd also benefits from a generous area of level riverside terracing and a gently sloping meadow in the upper northeast corner.
Lying at the end of a well-found private track Llawryneuadd offers that rare combination of accessibility and genuine seclusion. Once inside its leafy depths there is little beyond birdsong and babbling water to disturb this sylvan haven.
Whilst it contains many of the hallmarks of ancient woodland, it is not designated as such. The upper east slopes are dominated by stands of mature oaks above a clean floor of woodrush and a variety of woodland flowers including extensive areas of bluebells and patches of blueberry. Nearer to the river the mix diversifies to include ash and alder. You will also find cherry, beech, holly, hazel and hawthorn within the stands. Some of the older trees host ferns in their branches and many by the river are draped in luxuriant mosses.
The woodland offers fishing for brown trout in the river on its western boundary. The sale includes a further 650 metres of single-bank fishing for one rod on the east bank of Afon Myddyfi immediately downstream from the wood.
The current owners are only selling due to an unexpected relocation abroad. During their ownership they have maximised their enjoyment of the wood with their 2021 model Coachman Laser 875 caravan. This caravan is offered for £30,000 to the purchaser of the wood (giving a substantial discount on the new price). If not wanted it will be removed. There is a useful storage shed on site, and mains water may be available by negotiation with the neighbouring farmer after completion of purchase. An on-site quarry ensures plenty of slate is to hand for maintaining the tracks and hard-standing.
With an open meadow, 350 metres of water frontage, mature stems and additional fishing rights, this private wood presents an unusually rare and diverse range of attractive options for the incoming owner.
If It Were Mine
The riverside terraces offer a terrific locus for camping. The upper meadow area could also provide similar, perhaps with the addition of a small deck.
I might seek to diversify the age structure of the stands with some new planting in the meadow area and a little selective felling and restocking in the existing wood.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head west on the A40 for 2 miles from the roundabout junction with the A483 at Llandeilo.
- Turn right onto the minor road signed for Capel Isaac.
- After 200 metres fork right immediately before a small stone bridge.
- Continue for 370 metres then fork left onto the drive for Llawryneuadd (point H on the plan below).
- The entrance gate to the wood is 30 metres further on the left through double timber gates with a Woods4sale sign (G).
- Continue west on the farm track for 530 metres until you arrive at a woodland quarry (F).
- Llawryneuadd Wood is straight ahead of you marked by red-topped posts to either side of the track.
- The north boundary (BC) is the ditch between the double stock fences.
- The east boundary (CD) is a stock fence, and (DE) the field edge fence at the top edge of the wood.
- The south boundary (AE) is marked by red-topped posts.
- The west boundary (AB) is the mid-line of the stream.
- The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
- Aside from the river on the west edge of the wood (AB) fishing rights are granted downstream on the east bank (AJ) for one rod.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route HGF.
- A maintenance clause covers all shared rights of way with liability according to use.
- There are no public rights of way within the wood.
All field edge fences will be maintained at mutual expense with the neighbour.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Please confirm how you will be funding the purchase and that you have cleared funds available
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.