Hengoed, Gladestry, Kington, Powys. An attractive 3.50 acre restock site for £30,000 (freehold) [#A1766]
A recently-felled site ready for restocking with stream frontage and high amenity.
HR5 3NX (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Roadside access: ///winds.precluded.repeating
Centre of wood: ///backpack.blogs.pampering
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 148
- Roadside access: SO 228 544
- Centre of wood: SO 229 543
Hengoed lies in a small valley on the west bank of Wernol Brook. The small village of Gladestry is half a mile to the north. Builth Wells (to the west) and Leominster (to the east) are both about half an hour distant.
The previous conifer crop of Douglas fir was felled last year. The quality of the crop testifies to the good silvicultural conditions of the site allowing for a wide range of restock options.
Hengoed is an unusually ‘clean’ restock site, largely unhampered by heavy brash and other residues, and it is not difficult to envisage how attractive this site will become as the successor crop establishes.
There is a right of access for forestry purposes across a firm grass field which stood up well to the extraction of the previous crop. Internally there are a number of 4x4 tracks which will assist with future management.
The majority of the wood is on an east-facing slope which drops away to Wernol Brook which forms the east boundary. There are attractive views especially to the north and the quiet location offers the prospect of a delightful and secluded hideaway in the years to come.
If It Were Mine
The first job is clearly to restock the site. Given the location I would seek to vary the restock obligation from conifer to mixed native broadleaves. The prospects for quiet enjoyment and conservation projects going forward are self-evident.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Gladestry is a hamlet approximately midway between Builth Wells and Leominster, about two miles west of the village of Kington.
- Head southwest out of Gladestry for ½ mile on the B 4594.
- The entrance to the wood is via a field gate on your left (X on the plan), opposite the turning signed for Colva.
- PLEASE DO NOT DRIVE INTO THE FIELD. PARK NEARBY AND ACCESS THE WOOD ON FOOT.
- Walk across the field (up and slightly to your left) and you will come to the woodland entrance gate (B).
- The west boundary (ABC) is the field edge stock fence.
- The south boundary (CD) is a stock fence.
- The east boundary (AD) is the west bank of the brook.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
There is a right of way for forestry purposes over the route XA, with maintenance according to use.
Maintenance of the recently erected field-edge stock fence is uncertain, but may be the responsibility of the woodland owner.
The felling licence under which the previous crop was felled includes an obligation to restock the wood with mixed conifers by 30/6/2023. Click on the link below for more details.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.