Coed Taihirion, Bronant, Aberystwyth, Mid Wales. 8.66 acres of mixed woodland for £73,000 (freehold) [#A1765]
Scattered spruce and maturing mixed broadleaves on level ground with good access in a most private location.
SY23 4JE (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Roadside access: ///abode.uplifting.uncouth
Centre of wood: ///masterpiece.spotty.stunt
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 135
- Roadside access: SN 630 666
- Centre of wood: SN 639 658
Coed Taihirion lies on level ground within a larger wooded area about half an hour southeast of Aberystwyth off the A485 in Mid-West Wales.
The previous conifer crop was felled in the early years of this century. The wood is now populated with scattered regeneration of Sitka spruce stems with an infill of maturing mixed broadleaves and shrubs aged about 15 years. The trees are in random mixture and at varying density giving a natural and wild feel to the wood. Birch and willow dominate but within you will also find elements of oak, rowan, alder and ash, along with the occasional woody shrub like elder and hawthorn.
The wood lies near the end of a long but well-proven stone track suitable for 2WD vehicles, making for an accessible but very private location. Our visit was accompanied by a plethora of birdsong and the sight of buzzards wheeling overhead. The variety of maturing stems, the abundance of birdlife and the peaceful location make this a very attractive proposition for those seeking a good-sized woodland to enjoy.
If It Were Mine
I’d upgrade the parking area and from there I’d want to improve internal access with the construction of a meandering path, possibly leading to a deck site on the open south side. I would also want to identify and release scarcer broadleaves like oak and rowan through halo thinning.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head southeast from Aberystwyth on the A485.
- Follow the road for 9 miles to the small hamlet of Bronant.
- On leaving Bronant turn right after about 200 metres onto a minor county road signed for Bontnewydd.
- Follow this road west for about 0.8 mile then turn left onto a substantial forestry track (point A on the aerial photo below).
- Follow the forestry track for 0.8 mile (keeping left at all junctions) to arrive at Coed Tahirion (point B).
- The northeast boundary (BC) is the southwest side of the hard track.
- The southeast boundary (CD) is marked by a deep ditch at the boundary between broadleaves and conifers.
- The south boundary (DE) is the field-edge stock fence.
- The west boundary (BE) is marked by a line of pale blue-topped posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way at all times for all purposes over the route ABC.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
- A historic agreement from 1958 allows for pedestrian access across Coed Taihirion and the wider woodland for the purposes of quiet enjoyment.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.