Narrows Wood, 1.4 acres of oak woodland west of Knighton in Powys, £16,000 (freehold) [#F1456]
A deciduous woodland of primarily mature oak trees with excellent access and views across the rolling hills of the Powys countryside.
LD7 1PG (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Woodland entrance: ///duos.dressing.reckons
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 137
- Roadside gate: SO 264 718
- Centre of wood: SO 263 717
Narrows Wood is a great example of a well-managed oak woodland, the trees are of good quality, tall and straight and in years to come could produce some high-grade timber. On the edges and dotted throughout are young hazel (ready to be coppiced to reinvigorate their growth), ash, rowan, some sycamore and a few mature willows on the trackside.
Under the canopy of the tall oaks, the woodland floor is a sea of green with a mixture of wild grasses, woodrush, mountain geranium, ferns and bracken, bramble and in spring, bluebells cover practically every square inch of ground. There are also several small saplings growing up too, primarily the shade tolerant sycamore, holly and the occasional resilient hazel tree.
Narrows Wood is home to numerous woodland animals and birds such as badgers, rabbits, foxes and squirrels, buzzards and various songbirds.
Getting to the woodland could not be any easier. A hard stone track leads from the public highway and extends fully round from the north to the south so accessing all sides is possible. The western corner is a flat, stoned area that could be a great place to park a car, or stack some firewood.
In summary, Narrows Wood presents a fantastic opportunity to buy a beautiful oak woodland, whether to fell a few trees if you are a handy woodworker or just to enjoy and get away from the trappings of the modern world.
If It Were Mine
I would spend occasional weekends under a homemade shelter made of local timber, fell some of the younger sycamore and birch and continue my newfound love of whittling and create some lovely bowls, spoons and the like.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Knighton; leave the town on the A4113 heading towards Llandrindod Wells.
- After 0.6 miles keep straight on to A488 and after about 200 yards turn right.
- Follow the lane for 0.4 miles and turn left between two houses down Cwmgilla lane.
- After 0.3 miles the road will bear to the right, at which point you will see a metal gate with a sign on it (point A on the plan).
- The track continues through the gate (please close the gate behind you) to point B on the plan, this is the eastern boundary of Narrows Wood.
- Please park off the track just beyond point C, not blocking the track.
- The eastern boundary is indicated by orange paint on trees and wooden posts.
- The northern boundary is indicated by an agricultural fence with fields beyond.
- The southern boundary is the south side edge of the track indicated by green paint on trees and wooden posts which may be offset by a short distance from the edge of the track.
- The short western boundary is the wooden agricultural fence (and metal gate) with the conifer woodland beyond.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way granted at all times and for all purposes over the route AB on the plan below.
- A right of way is reserved over points BCD and CE for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all rights of way with maintenance according to use.
- There are no public rights of way inside the woodland.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.