Canol o Bren, Brecon, Powys. 1.16 acres of conifer and broadleaved regenerating woodland in the Brecon Beacons National Park for £12,000 (freehold) [#M1357]
A recently felled Norway spruce woodland now regenerating with birch and spruce set in a peaceful location with superb views and good access.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 160
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SO 020 252
- Centre of wood: SO 023 253
Nearest postcode: LD3 8LE
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Canol o Bren is located at the foot of the Brecon Beacons near the charming town of Brecon. This quiet rural location has a flat topography and is serviced with a hard-surfaced track in part, then a firm unsurfaced track that runs along the boundary.
This wood is lightly stocked with mid rotation Norway spruce that have been heavily thinned. The open space created has led to large numbers of self-seeded birch and spruce saplings that are growing rapidly. The wood will start to change dramatically as it fills the available space and will soon form a dense woodland again.
The wood benefits from a track and ditch that circle the boundary. A gentle stream runs through the centre of the wood. The views from Canol o Bren are of open pasture with sheep and cattle grazing in the distance to the north and the Brecon Beacons to the south. On a clear day you can just make out the fringes of the delightful market town of Brecon, a popular tourist destination welcoming walkers and visitors alike.
This woodland has excellent timber growing credentials and will provide substantial volumes of firewood if left to grow as it is.
If It Were Mine
I would thin out the regenerating trees to bring them along more effectively rather than leaving them to their own devices. I would also manage some of the vegetation at the entrance and clear a path into the wood to a nice spot and create a clearing to spend the odd night under the stars.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the centre of Brecon leave Watergate towards B4601 / Ship Street.
- Turn right on to B4601 / Ship Street.
- After half a mile bear left on to Ffrwdgrech Road.
- After half a mile keep straight on to road by the military sign.
- After a mile turn left on to road where there is a stump of an old beech tree on the left.
- After a mile turn left at the junction, and after 150 metres you will arrive at the entrance gate on the left (point A on the plan below) where there is a Red Rock Forestry management sign on the gate.
- Park safely without blocking access and continue on foot (I’m sorry, we do not give out keys for viewing).
- After 50 metres from the gate (point B) turn left and follow the stone track for a further 200 metres to point C on the plan.
- Then follow the unsurfaced track, to point D on the plan, this is the start of the wood.
The boundary is the outside edge of the track that circles the wood and is indicated by stakes marked with green paint that may be off set by a short distance.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
These are included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- A right of way is granted for all times and purposes over the route ABCD.
- A right of way is reserved over DEFD for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.