Pren Tocyn, 3.31 acres of mixed conifer and broadleaved woodland set in a quiet location near to the village of Bethania in central west Wales. Freehold for £22,000 [#M1355]
A vigorously growing mainly young mixed woodland in a remote and beautiful part of the Welsh countryside, near the market town of Tregaron in the county of Ceredigion.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 146
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SN 584 615
- Centre of wood: SN 581 615
Nearest postcode: SY25 6RE
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
A mixed woodland of broadleaved trees and Norway spruce. The wood was replanted after the felling of a previous conifer crop around 14 years ago and is now well established. It was planted with mixed broadleaves including oak, ash, birch and cherry, but has since had vigorous birch and Norway spruce natural regeneration. The young trees are now around 20 feet high or more and growing well. The woodland would benefit from some thinning out of the natural regeneration should a new owner wish to invest a little time and effort.
Occasional mature broadleaves are found along the boundaries, especially beech, which are an attractive feature of field boundaries and roadsides in this part of Wales. The regenerated spruce could be retained to add diversity to the species and landscape or removed if a new owner preferred an exclusively broadleaved woodland.
The land is largely flat with a few wet areas that if dug out would create some attractive dew ponds attracting wildlife and would be a great benefit to the area.
The woodland looks out on to grazing pasture looking north in a very peaceful location. This beautiful part of Wales close to the market town of Tregaron and Aberystwyth. Set within a larger woodland, Pren Tocyn is accessed along a recently stoned track suitable for 2WD cars at all times of the year.
If It Were Mine
I would favour good oak, cherry, beech and the best spruce and lightly thin the trees around them taking advantage of the nurse birch, it would make excellent manageable firewood. With the correct permissions, a suitable timber drying shed would also provide a great place to enjoy the surroundings from.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Tregaron, head north-west on the A485.
- After about 3½ miles go straight over the crossroads at Tyncelyn onto the B4577 in the direction of Aberaeron.
- After about another 3½ miles go through the small village of Penuwch.
- Just after leaving Penuwch turn left onto the B4576, heading south towards Bwlch-Llan.
- Follow this winding road for about 1 mile and you will eventually see a Woods4Sale sign on your right hand side. Access to the wood is behind the sign.
- Please park safely without blocking access and continue on foot (sorry we do not give out keys for viewings).
- Climb over the gate and follow the track for 150 metres to point B on the plan this is the start of the wood on the right of the track.
- The north boundary is the agricultural fence.
- The east boundary is indicated with blue paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The south boundary is the outside edge of the track indicated with stakes painted green that may be off-set by a short distance.
- The west boundary is indicated with red paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
The sporting rights are reserved to a previous owner, but the owner of Pren Tocyn has the right to shoot ground game, black game (rooks, crows and jackdaws), rabbits, squirrels, deer and pigeons. The seller has never seen anyone exercising the sporting rights and believes that they never do.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked AB on the plan).
- A right of way is reserved over BC for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.