Pren Dymunol, 1.68 acres of mixed woodland near to the village of Bethania in West Wales for £15,900 (freehold) [#M1348]
Conifer and deciduous woodland in a peaceful setting situated along a private track, near the market town of Tregaron, located a short trip from Aberystwyth in the county of Ceredigion.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 146
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SN 584 615
- Centre of wood: SN 581 614
Nearest postcode: SY25 6RE
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Pren Dymunol is a delightful young broadleaved and spruce wood that sits in a quiet rural location. This tranquil and unspoilt woodland is set within a wider forest and offers great potential for the new owner.
The wood is accessible through a secure gated entrance and along a hard-surfaced track that gently winds through the wooded landscape.
Set on a flat aspect it is composed of pioneer trees at pole stage, some maturing trees and an open area that feels both private and welcoming. The tree species you will find in this wood include attractive oaks, birch, rowan and spruce regenerated from the previous crop of trees.
Suitable for a 2WD car the recently stoned track runs from the council road to the edge of the wood. There is a turning and parking area off the main track and the signs of a path that leads into the wood.
Pren Dymunol is the perfect choice for those looking to own a beautiful amenity woodland for leisure purposes, including camping, or for simply getting closer to nature. The trees would welcome a light thin to favour the best form and will provide plenty of scope for the new owner to produce small quantities of quality firewood for the family home and an excellent project for an enthusiastic woodsman.
If It Were Mine
Thinning out a good proportion of the birch would leave the oak to develop and grow further. Also consider some infill planting of trees in the more open areas and create a shelter for storing and drying firewood that might also provide a useful retreat to enjoy the surroundings over lunch.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Tregaron, head north-west on the A485.
- After about 3½ miles go straight over the crossroads at Tyncelyn onto the B4577 in the direction of Aberaeron.
- After about another 3½ miles go through the small village of Penuwch.
- Just after leaving Penuwch turn left onto the B4576, heading south towards Bwlch-Llan.
- Follow this winding road for about 1 mile and you will eventually see a Woods4Sale sign on your right hand side (point A on the plan below).
- Please park safely without blocking access and continue on foot (sorry we do not give out keys for viewings).
- Climb over the gate and follow the track for 280 metres to point B, this is the start of the wood on the left and continues to point C.
- The north boundary is the verge indicated with green paint on wooden posts and boundary trees, in part set back from the outside edge of the track.
- The east boundary is indicated with yellow paint on boundary trees and wooden stakes.
- The south boundary is the agricultural fence.
- The northwest boundary is indicated with white paint on boundary trees and wooden stakes.
The sporting rights are reserved to a previous owner, but the owner of the wood has the right to shoot ground game, black game (rooks, crows and jackdaws), rabbits, squirrels, deer and pigeons. The seller has never seen anyone exercising the sporting rights and believes that they never do.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route ABC.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.