Knights Wood, Knighton, Powys, 1.54 acres of mature oak woodland for £20,000 (freehold) [#M1326]
Beautiful mature oak woodland set in a stunning elevated position with exceptional views overlooking the bustling market town of Knighton, situated on the Powys/Shropshire border.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 137
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SO 264 718
- Centre of wood: SO 267 716
Nearest postcode: LD7 1PG
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Knights Wood is a particularly well managed oak woodland positioned providing a wonderful view of the valley and the town of Knighton. A five minute drive from the town this amenity woodland is almost pure sessile oak with the occasional ash, sycamore, rowan and birch.
To manage a woodland such as this requires a delicate and sympathetic approach which in this case has resulted in a very fine stand of well-spaced trees. This upland oak woodland habitat has an undisturbed feel, abundant with flora including bilberry, ferns and bluebells that provide a colourful display of flowers in the spring and summer. Such a rich ecology supports distinct breeding birds such as pied flycatcher, redstart, and wood warbler with frequently heard tawny owls and woodpeckers.
Knights Wood has hawthorn and hazel hedge boundaries on two sides of this triangular block of woodland. As you explore the wood you will find on the northeast side a small cliff face of exposed rock, possibly where stone was extracted a long time ago. Please take care to keep away from the cliff face.
Access to Knights Wood is via a hard surfaced forest track that meanders up and down the hillside leading into the wood where you can turn and park. From here, there is an overgrown path running through the entire length of the wood where one can enjoy views looking out over grazed pasture and along the valley.
If It Were Mine
Knights wood doesn’t require any immediate work, but I would identify any trees that are looking “worse for wear” or if felled would be an advantage to surrounding trees. I would also consider creating a small camping spot that I could enjoy the surroundings of a weekend with the children, perhaps even put up a rope swing.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Knighton; leave the town on the A4113 heading towards Llandrindod Wells.
- After 0.6 miles keep straight on to A488 and after about 200 metres turn right.
- Follow the lane for 0.4 miles and turn left between two houses down Cwmgilla lane.
- After 0.3 miles the road will bear to the right, at which point you will see a metal gate with a Woods4Sale sign on it (point A on the plan).
- Please park here without blocking access and continue on foot. I’m sorry but we do not give out keys for viewing.
- Climb over the gate and walk along the track for about 300 metres to point B.
- Climb over the gate and walk following the track for about 280 metres to point C on the plan where the track forks left.
- Take the left and follow the track to its end for a further 225 metres (point D on the plan).
- The wood starts here on the left and continues on beyond the end of the track.
- The west boundary is indicated by green paint on boundary trees and wooden posts.
- The northeast boundary is the old hedge line set back from the agricultural fence.
- The south boundary is indicated by the agricultural fence.
The woodland comes with full sporting rights.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale, except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is granted for Knights Wood from the roadside gate up to the woodland boundary (marked ABCD on the plan).
- A shared maintenance clause covers these rights of way.
- There are no public rights of way inside Knights Wood.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.