Vixen Wood, Llangamarch Wells, Powys, South Wales. 5.51 acres of mixed woodland for £45,000 (freehold) [#A1314]
Productive spruce and amenity broadleaves in rural Powys served by a good track amidst beautiful countryside.
OS Landranger map: Sheet 147.
National Grid Ref:
- Access point A: SN 973 503.
- Woodland gate B: SN 978 498.
Centre of wood: SN 978 499.
Nearest postcode: LD4 4BA.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Vixen Wood occupies level and gently sloping terrain on the west side of a larger woodland near the River Irfon in the pastoral heart of rural Powys. The market town of Builth Wells is four miles to the east and Llandovery is about ½ an hour to the southwest.
The heart of the wood is dominated by strong-growing spruce (mostly Norway) which is on the cusp of production. To the north and west, the conifers are fringed with a generous belt of broadleaves – principally ash and hazel plus the occasional birch. A few scattered mature oaks complete the picture.
The terrain is smooth and gently sloping which should make for easy management, while the adjacent track facilitates the ready extraction of woodland produce. This links with a well-found farm track that connects the wood with the public road. There is a good sized spur for ‘in-wood’ parking on the east side of the wood.
Vixen Wood offers a delightful mix of commercial and amenity interest set amidst glorious scenery.
If It Were Mine
I’d release the large old oaks by halo thinning the conifers adjacent, and then continue the thinning programme into the main stands of spruce. I’d also consider coppicing the smaller hazel stools. A small clearing and bench among the broadleaves on the northwest side would make a delightful spot for recuperation!
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head west from Builth Wells on the A483.
- On leaving the town travel exactly 3.9 miles then turn left onto a private road and immediately over a humped railway bridge (A on the plan). This turning off the main road is opposite a small chapel next to Llanfechan Farm (and about ½ mile after a bus garage on your right).
- Once over the bridge turn immediately right and follow the stone track for just over 1 km passing through three field gateways in a wide sweep to the woodland gate at B. Please park just outside this gate keeping all tracks clear.
- Climb the forest gate (B) and walk about 20 metres to an orange-topped post. Vixen Wood is on your left after this point (C).
- Please note that we do not give out keys for viewing.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU LEAVE ALL FARM GATES ON THE ACCESS ROUTE EXACTLY AS YOU FOUND THEM.
- The northwest boundary (DE) is the field edge fence.
- The northeast boundary (EF) is an old stock fence, and (FGH) a line of white-topped posts.
- The southeast boundary (CG) is the northwest side of the hard track indicated by blue-topped posts.
- The southwest boundary (CD) is a line of orange-topped posts in a narrow ride.
The sporting rights are included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are included except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of access for all purposes to the property over the track ABCH.
- A right of access is reserved to the adjacent woodland property over the track HG.
- A farming neighbour has a right to transit the wider wood via the ride EFGH.
- Maintenance of all shared tracks is according to use.
- There are no public rights of way within the wood.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.