Glan Teifi Wood, near Abercych in Pembrokeshire, South Wales. 5.12 acres of mixed broadleaf woodland. £29,000 (freehold) [#F1281]
A wonderful mix of young and mature oak, wild cherry and ash, with good access and a stone’s throw from the River Teifi.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 145
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SN 242 421
- Centre of wood: SN 243 419
Nearest postcode: SA37 0EU
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Glan Teifi Wood is situated overlooking the delightful River Teifi on the northern border of Pembrokeshire in South Wales. It is serviced by a well maintained, infrequently used, minor road off the A484 and only a short drive from Cardigan.
Part of the woodland was felled approximately 10 years ago and has been replanted with a broadleaf mixture dominated by oak and wild cherry. In between the planted trees, there is an abundance of self-seeded silver birch, as well as some blackthorn shrubs growing throughout. On the borders of the woodland, there is a mix of mature ash and sycamore trees and the occasional oak and beech.
To the south, the woodland changes from young planted trees to more mature species that spread across one side of a small valley. A meandering stream forms the southern boundary. Oak and ash dominate this area with a mixture of hazel, holly and hawthorn growing up sporadically underneath. The ground layer is made up of a mixture of ferns including hart’s tongue and soft shield, a variety of mosses and creeping ivy, and where there are gaps in the trees, bramble and ferns vie for the light.
Glan Teifi Wood is generally on a slight slope, but has a few steeper sections towards the boundary, with an easterly aspect that catches the morning sun (giving you a spectacular view of the River Teifi!). The woodland lies on freely draining loamy soils, perfect for growing deciduous trees.
If It Were Mine
I would clear some of the trees near the turning area to make a lovely viewpoint and install a wooden bench, looking out over the meandering River Teifi. I would also cut a footpath through the young trees down towards the southern edges and up through the valley, creating a lovely trail to allow the kids to enjoy the woodland, build their dens and generally get muddy in the wild.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Driving from Aberteifi/Cardigan, head out east along the A484 towards Newcastle Emlyn.
- Just over 3 miles from Aberteifi/Cardigan drive through the village of Llechryd.
- About 100 metres after Flambards Hotel and Tea Room (on your right) where the road bends to the left, turn right onto an unnamed road that immediately takes you over the River Teifi via a bridge (signposted for Cilgerran Castle).
- Immediately after the bridge, take the turning on the left, directly opposite Castell Malgwyn Hotel.
- Drive for approximately 6 miles down the road and you will come to the entrance of Glan Teifi Wood on the right hand side, with there is a pull in big enough to park a car. Here you will see a wooden gate with a Woods4Sale sign. This is the main entrance to the woodland (point A on the plan below).
- The northern boundary is indicated by an old earth bank.
- The southern boundary is indicated by the stream.
- The eastern boundary is indicated by the road.
- The western boundary is indicated by a stock fence, adjacent to an agricultural field.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way across the property.
- There is a right reserved for the owners of the neighbouring Ffosyvicar Farm to cross the land via the track (AB) for the purpose only of driving cattle.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.