Falls Wood, Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, South Wales. 3.72 acres of Welsh oak woodland for £19,500 (freehold) [#M1194]
A beautiful native oak woodland on a south east facing slope with excellent access and an all-year stream. Close to Newcastle Emlyn in Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 145.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SN 332 367
- Centre of wood: SN 332 368
Nearest postcode: SA38 9JF
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Falls Wood is classified as Ancient Woodland, having been under continuous tree cover for over 400 years. The broadleaf trees found here are prime Welsh oak around 30 to 50 years old and amongst these are birch, ash, rowan and holly. There are also grand spruce trees that line the track which leads further into the woodland beyond.
The wood occupies the sunny side of a valley with a gentle stream at the bottom that tumbles and cascades over the rocks. The flora is abundant with ferns and in spring just before leaf burst, parts of the woodland floor comes alive with bluebells and primroses.
Falls Wood is well stocked with trees and would welcome a light thinning to allow those favoured to develop further. This would be an ideal project for an enthusiastic woodsman and would provide a good supply of firewood for the family wood burner.
Access into the wood is along an upgraded hard surfaced track that opens onto a quarried area providing level parking and turning. This magical place is silent apart from the trickle of water and the call of woodland birds.
This is a truly remote woodland that offers the perfect getaway whether you are thinking of camping out for the night or just somewhere to get away from it all. This unique purchase opportunity will allow you to contribute towards the preservation of its status and own a small part of beautiful South Wales.
If It Were Mine
I would thin out a few trees and create a path leading from the parking up the bank and then to the stream. I would also consider building a shelter or a store to dry fire wood with the appropriate permissions.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Newcastle Emlyn, take the B4333 heading south.
- After 2 miles, turn left down a minor country road. This is the 3rd turning left after leaving Newcastle Emlyn.
- Turn right after 50 metres and follow this road down the hill for a further ½ mile.
- Just as you approach the hairpin bend where the road crosses a stream, look to your left and you will see a gate with our For Sale sign.
- Please park on the left in front of the gate (point A on the plan below).
- From here you should climb the gate. Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- This is the start of Falls Wood.
- The west boundary is the agricultural fence.
- The northeast boundary is indicated by blue paint on trees and wooden posts.
- The southeast boundary is the centre of the stream.
- The southwest boundary is the fence along the council road.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are included in the sale except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way over AB.
- A right of way is reserved over the track marked BC for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all rights of way with liability according to use.
- There is a public footpath running along the track through the woodland BC.
- The small piece of land at AB is not registered, a statuary declaration and indemnity policy ensures access.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.