Hafrena Wood, Llangamarch Wells, Powys, South Wales. Highly attractive mature mixed woodland. 1.82 acres for £19,500 (freehold) [#A1188]
Secluded mature woodland in the heart of rural Powys served by a good track amidst beautiful countryside.
OS Landranger map: Sheet 147.
National Grid Ref:
- Access point A: SN 973 503.
- Forest gate B: SN 978 498.
Centre of wood: SN 979 498.
Nearest postcode: LD4 4BA.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Hafrena Wood occupies level and gently sloping terrain at the entrance to a larger woodland in the pastoral heart of rural Powys. It is surrounded by trees to the north and has lovely views to the south over pastures and woods towards the Eppynt Hills. The market town of Builth Wells is four miles to the east and Llandovery is about ½ an hour to the southwest.
Hafrena is one of those properties that belies its size, seeming considerably bigger than its two acres due to the variety of species, ages and aspects that it presents. The upper canopy is an intimate mix of Douglas fir, larch and Norway spruce mingled with red oak, ash and native oak. Along the drive-side there are thickets of younger stems and shrubs which also include birch, willow, hawthorn and hazel.
A well-found farm track connects the wood with the public road and a recently upgraded stone track runs along the north side of the property giving car access to a private parking layby within the wood.
This secluded corner is a haven for wildlife and supports a multitude of bird species along with the usual four-footed residents including badgers and foxes. The mature stems present some great prospects for the wood enthusiast and recreationist alike. Frankly this one’s got the lot!
If It Were Mine
I would cut a small circular footpath leading from the parking bay to meander through the various woodland types, perhaps connecting this to a small clearing somewhere on the south edge to create a secluded locus for recreation, with views out to the south. And there’s plenty of opportunity for the silviculturalist here with gentle thinning and re-spacing to produce millwood and firewood alike.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head west from Builth Wells on the A483.
- On leaving the town travel exactly 3.9 miles then turn left onto a private road and immediately over a humped railway bridge (A on the plan).
- This turning off the main road is opposite a small chapel next to Llanfechan Farm (and about ½ mile after a bus garage on your right).
- Once over the bridge turn immediately right and follow the stone track for just over 1 km passing through three field gateways in a wide sweep to the woodland gate at B.
- Please park just outside this gate keeping all tracks clear.
- Climb the forest gate (B) and Hafrena Wood is on your right after this point.
- Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU LEAVE ALL FARM GATES ON THE ACCESS ROUTE EXACTLY AS YOU FOUND THEM.
- The northwest boundary (BC) is the ditch on the northwest side of the hard track indicated by blue-topped posts (offset to avoid blocking the flow of the ditch).
- The northeast boundary (CD) is indicated by a line of white-topped posts within a broad ride.
- The south boundary (BD) is the field edge fence.
The sporting rights are included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are included except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of access for all purposes to the property over the track AB.
- A right of access is reserved to others over the track BC.
- Maintenance of all shared tracks is according to use.
- There are no public rights of way within the wood.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.