Allt y Gigfran, near Abermeurig, Ceredigion. 30.53 acres of mixed conifer woodland and young mixed broadleaf restock with a stream and good access. £89,000 for the whole or in two lots from £29,000 (freehold) [#E1082]
A mixed woodland with mature Douglas fir, larch, noble fir and western hemlock and strongly growing young restock in rural mid-Wales. Benefiting from a recently upgraded access track.
30.53 acres or
Lot 1: 16.95 acres (SOLD)
Lot 2: 13.58 acres (SOLD)
£89,000 for the whole or
Lot 1: £29,000 (SOLD)
Lot 2: £62,000 (SOLD)
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 146.
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SN 563 561.
- Centre of wood: SN 561 559.
Nearest postcode: SA48 8PP.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Allt y Gigfran stands around seven miles north of the town of Lampeter, Ceredigion, a busy rural settlement with good amenities including supermarkets, a petrol station and a University campus. Having a pleasant northerly aspect, this well-stocked mature plantation overlooks the picturesque Aeron Valley that culminates at the seaside town of Aberaeron ten miles away.
The woodland is available as a whole or in two lots, Lot 1 is predominantly newly planted broadleaf with Lot 2 being mature mixed conifer. Parts of the property are designated as a Plantation on Ancient Woodland Site (PAWS), with evidence of continuous tree cover since the 1600s. Broadleaf species are scattered throughout, including mature oak, rowan, hazel and holly. The diverse woodland flora includes bluebells and numerous ferns such as the hard shield and scaly male.
Soils are fertile, free-draining brown earths with average rainfall 50cm annually. Substantial access improvements recently undertaken provide accessibility to the whole property facilitating convenient onward management.
Lot 1 – 16.95 acres for £29,000 (freehold) (SOLD)
Lot 1 enjoys far-reaching views of the Aeron Valley. Access is via a recently upgraded forest track and benefits from a useful surfaced area. The majority of the wood is recently re-planted thriving native broadleaf, sheltered by widely spaced mature oak to the west. A new owner needs to maintain the recently planted area to full establishment. A fast-flowing stream fed from a spring defines the northwestern boundary of the wood.
Lot 2 – 13.58 acres for £62,000 (freehold) (SOLD)
The conifer, planted approximately 50 – 60 years ago is unthinned and in late-rotation presenting a substantial volume of standing timber. Species include noble fir, western hemlock, Douglas fir and larch with fringes of mixed broadleaf. Ground flora include bluebell, dog’s mercury and several fern species (especially in the PAWS areas). The conifer is of good form and quality and offers a valuable resource. There is a large stacking bay midway along the recently improved access track facilitating future management. There is also seasonal demand for noble fir foliage for festive wreath making, offering a potential source of income. An outstanding Glastir grant (to be completed by the end of 2018) of approx. £2,400 is available for thinning and planting works – this may be transferred to a new owner if required.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Lampeter follow the A482 towards Aberaeron and after 4 miles turn right on the B4337.
- After 1 mile turn right signposted Abermeurig, after 1 ¼ miles you will see the woodland on the right.
- Our ‘Woods4Sale’ sign is just before the turning (point A on the plan). Park in a safe place being careful not to obstruct the track.
- Continue up the track and Lot 2 of Allt y Gigfran is ahead.
- Lot 1 can be viewed by parking at G (please do not obstruct the gate or the road) and walk along the track into the woodland.
- The boundary between NBC is an old metal fence.
- The boundary between CDE is an agricultural metal fence.
- The boundary between Lot 1 and Lot 2 is the centre of the stream.
- The boundary between EF is the inside of the track marked by wooden posts with blue paint.
- The boundary between FH is marked by wooden posts with blue paint
- The boundary between HIJ is marked by a fence between the gardens / fields and the woodland.
- The boundary between JK is the centre of the stream.
- The boundary between KL is marked by wooden posts and trees with blue paint.
- The boundary between LM is marked by a fence between the gardens and the woodland.
- The boundary between MN is an earth bank between the woodland and the road.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- Lot 1 has a right of way along the route marked GF for agriculture, forestry and amenity purposes only, with maintenance liability according to use.
- Lot 2 the owner has accessed the property by vehicle and foot along the route marked AX for which there is an indemnity policy in place. A right is reserved for a neighbouring landowner to access their wood via Lot 2, on foot only, for felling and lopping trees and general management, making good any damage caused.
- The track marked AXY on the plan is a public bridle way and IFE on the plan is a public right of way.
There is a fencing obligation marked KL.
This woodland is subject to a 35% claw-back of uplift value resulting from the grant of planning permission.
How To Buy
A visit to the woodland is essential before you confirm that you wish to buy it. We reserve the right to refuse to sell any woodland to purchasers who have not been to see it first.
This property is being sold on a Fixed Price basis. Once you have decided that you want to buy a woodland, you need to confirm this with us as soon as possible. Our policy is not to negotiate on price. The advertised price is the sale price. However, once you have written to us confirming that you want to buy a woodland, we will take the woodland off the market and we will not accept any other offer.
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.