Buffers Wood, near Winchester, Hampshire. 5 acres of lovely conifer and broadleaf woodland in a rural location, 12 miles from Winchester. £89,000 (freehold) [#S1853]
Mature mixed woodland with larch, oak and ash with recreational possibilities situated towards the end of a track, 11 miles from junction 9 of the M3.
SO24 0DF (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 185
- Roadside gate: SU 638 333
- Centre of wood: SU 632 328
Located in rural Hampshire, Buffers Wood lies 2 miles west of the village of Four Marks and is part of a wider wooded area and is accessed along a track.
Situated on level loamy soil, the mature canopy comprises majestic larch, ash, oak and beech. The shrub layer below includes lush hazel coppice (ideal for rustic walking thumbsticks and home garden projects), hawthorn, sycamore, sweet chestnut and occasional holly. Come spring and summer, patches of bluebell, primrose and foxglove decorate the ground layer creating a lovely woodland scene. There is a Forestry Commission felling licence in place for the larch, this could give an owner a modest amount of logs if desired.
Any number of the open areas amongst the stems would make a lovely peaceful spot to sit and observe wildlife, perhaps even occasional camping during the warmer months.
Woodland mammal residents include muntjac, roe and fallow deer, wood mouse, badger and fox. A multitude of feathered visitors such as treecreeper, owl, woodpecker, greenfinch and many tuneful songsters delight in the serenity of this area.
If It Were Mine
I would clear a couple of locations to camp for a night or two in the summer months. This is a wonderful spot to sit quietly and observe woodland life, perhaps relaxing in a hammock. I would learn some bushcraft skills making use of the endless material to hand. Some of the ash will make good logs for my hearth at home.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Four Marks, drive west on the A31 out of the village and along the short stretch of dual carriageway.
- Shortly after the road returns to a single carriageway, turn right just after a bus stop and opposite a red brick and flint wall, sign posted towards Bighton.
- Continue along Bowers Grove Lane passing under a railway bridge.
- After 0.4 miles where the road bears sharply right, continue straight ahead onto the track into the woodland arriving at a locked gate with post and rail fencing, recent tree planting and Woods4Sale sign (point A on the plan below).
- Please park in a safe place not obstructing any traffic, the gate or access points.
- Climb over the gate (sorry we do not provide keys for viewings) and continue along the track southwest through the woodland.
- After 750 metres you will arrive at Buffers Wood on the right, indicated by the wooden sign along with green and white paint on a wooden post and tree (point B).
- The southwest boundary is indicated by blue paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The northwest boundary is in part the post and rail fence and tall green steel fence with residential garden beyond.
- The northeast boundary follows a delipidated chicken wire fence indicated by white paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The southeast boundary is the outside edge of the track indicated by green paint on occasional wooden posts and trees that may be offset by a short distance, in part with woodland beyond and then the dilapidated barbed wire fence and paddocks beyond.
- The shooting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
- The hunting rights are reserved to a third party who are permitted to access this woodland and wider woodland to hunt up to 6 times between 1st September and 31st March.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way granted at all times and for all purposes over the route AB.
- There is a right of way reserved over the route BC for the benefit of woodland beyond.
- A maintenance clause covers all the rights of way, with liability according to use.
- There are no public rights of way within this woodland.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.