Tiggywinkles, near Hurst Green, East Sussex. 2.47 acres of magnificent broadleaf woodland with a pond and stream, 9 miles from Hastings. £46,000 (freehold) [#S1707]
Mature woodland with oak and sweet chestnut and vehicular access, located at the end of a track in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, 20 miles from Royal Tunbridge Wells.
TN32 5SH (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 199
- Roadside gate: TQ 772 220
- Centre of wood: TQ 766 220
Tiggywinkles lies 5.5 miles southeast of the historic village of Robertsbridge and is part of a wider Ancient Wooded area. Not too distant from Hastings, this woodland is a beautiful spot for family and friends to discover woodland life and the natural environment.
Located on gentle slopes to the north that level to the south, its mature canopy is among loamy clay soils and includes majestic oak, sweet chestnut, ash, hornbeam and birch. The lush shrub layer below comprises hazel, hawthorn and holly. A new owner could consider a larger stem for woodcraft projects as well as fuel, making use of the Forestry Commission thinning licence in place. During spring and summer, the ground layer is awash with bluebells (an Ancient Woodland indicator), primrose and foxglove, producing a gorgeous summer woodland scene.
The woodland is bordered by meandering streams along the south and seasonally to the southeast. There is a lovely a pond towards the west that would make a nice spot to camp with family. In addition, far reaching views of rural East Sussex are also enjoyed from the northwest boundary.
An array of feathered visitors such as green woodpecker, owl, buzzard, greenfinch and countless acoustic songsters delight in the tranquillity found here. Woodland mammals include muntjac, roe and fallow deer, wood mouse, badger and fox.
Tiggywinkles is accessed along an unsurfaced track and offers enormous scope for a weekend woodsman.
If It Were Mine
I would be keen to camp for a night or two, down by the pond and babbling stream; this way I could take the time to get to know my surroundings, familiarising myself with the wildlife. It’s so peaceful here- relaxing and absorbing the surroundings is very easy to do. I would think about some logs for the hearth at home and maybe put up a rope swing for the young and young and young at heart!
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Hastings, drive north along the A21 passing Claremont Prep School on the right.
- After 5 miles turn right at Blackbrooks Garden Centre onto the B2244, sign posted towards Sedlescombe and Hawkhurst.
- Continue through the village of Sedlescombe along the B2244 passing Sedlescombe Sawmills and Sedlescombe Organic Vineyard.
- After 2.7 miles, continue along the B2244 towards Hawkhurst and Maidstone, passing under a narrow bridge.
- 0.6 miles after the narrow bridge and passing a Woods4Sale sign, there is a woodland access track on the left set back down a slope (point A on the plan below), and a blue X on a tree (across the road from a residential driveway with low red brick walls either side).
- Please park in a safe place off the road neither obstructing highway traffic nor any access point or the gate into the woodland.
- Climb the gate (sorry we do not provide keys for viewings) and continue along the track, passing a fork to the left in the track (point B) and a locked steel gate on the right shortly after.
- Continue along the track bearing left and down through the woodland.
- After 620 metres and once the track levels at the bottom of the woodland, you will arrive at Tiggywinkles Wood (point C), indicated by blue and green paint on a wooden post and a bridge just beyond.
- The southeastern boundary HCD indicated by blue paint on occasional wooden posts and trees, DE is the middle of the stream, EF is the barb wire fence.
- The northwest boundary FG is the earth bund with trees and dilapidated fence on top with the ditch and fields beyond, along with a short section of plain wire at the top of an earth bank.
- The southern GH boundary is the northern bank of the stream.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way granted for all times and all purposes over the route ABC.
- There are no public rights of way within this woodland.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.