Waddler Wood, near Guildford, Surrey. 2.23 acres of lofty conifer woodland with good access, 35 miles from London. £33,500 (freehold) [#S1679]
A lovely Scots pine woodland together with a touch of broadleaves and heaps of potential in a semi-rural location, 8 miles from junction 4 of the M3.
GU3 2DX (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Roadside gate: ///score.codes.estimates
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 186
- Roadside gate: SU 935 531
- Centre of wood: SU 937 533
Situated 6 miles west of Guildford in semi-rural Surrey, Waddler Wood forms part of a larger gated forested area and embodies a picturesque wooded environment.
The mature canopy is located on level fertile sandy loams and chiefly consists of majestic Scots pine. This species is particularly well matched to woodland in the south east of England and contains a clear narrow-ringed timber, useful for joinery work. Numerous stems in this woodland are of excellent form with good girth. In addition, there is a mix of broadleaves towards the north western boundary including sweet chestnut, oak and birch. In the shrub layer below is a collage of lush colourful rhododendron, young birch and holly. A new owner could certainly consider milling a pine or two for carpentry projects, making use of the Forestry Commission thinning licence in place.
Throughout spring, random patches of primrose, foxglove and flowering heather decorate the ground layer; some heather could be picked and used as a botanical for home infused gin. Along the northwest boundary are the vestiges of a historic military track (from nearby Pirbright Barracks), this was likely to have been employed for hauling heavy munitions.
Regular woodland visitors include deer – both muntjac and roe - field mouse, hare, badger, fox, little owl, redpoll, woodpecker and a range of harmonious songsters.
Waddler Wood is accessible year-round with a 2WD vehicle and offers a wonderful opportunity for a weekend woodsman and young family.
There is an Article 4 direction on the wider woodland including Waddler Wood which means that permitted development rights which normally apply for any improvement to, or installation of, gates/fences/walls have been removed and full planning permission should be sought.
If It Were Mine
There are many spots within Waddler Wood that would be good locations to camp and stargaze between the tree stems. Perhaps some fuel would be a good idea for the hearth at home.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
This video is of the larger woodland as a whole and is not representative of any specific part of the woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Guildford travel west along the A323 towards Aldershot, passing The Cricketers pub and Silvesters Fairlands Garage.
- After 3 miles turn right at the forked junction with a grass island and bus stop in the middle of it, onto Cobbett Hill Road.
- Continue along Cobbett Hill Road passing a large gated residential entrance set back on the left and a number of large satellite dishes on the right.
- After 0.8 miles turn left onto the A324 towards Ash and Aldershot.
- Continue along the A324 for 0.3 miles to the roundabout, taking the first left for Henley Business Park.
- Almost immediately after the roundabout you will see a wooden five bar gate on the left and our Woods4Sale sign attached to it (point A on the plan below).
- Please park in a suitable safe place neither obstructing the gate nor through traffic (sorry we do not provide keys for viewings).
- Climb the gate and continue along the track through the Scots pine woodland passing two log bridges on the right.
- After 270 metres you will arrive at the woodland on the left (point B) indicated by green and blue paint on a wooden post.
- The northwest boundary is the barbed wire fence with the road beyond.
- The northeast boundary is indicated by white paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The southwest boundary is indicated by blue paint on occasional wooden post and trees.
- The southeast boundary is the outside edge of the track indicated by green paint on occasional wooden posts that may be off-set by a short distance.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way granted at all times and for all purposes over the route AB.
- A right of way is reserved over the route BC for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- There are no public rights of way in this woodland.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.