Queens Wood, near Tunbridge Wells, Kent. 4.56 acres of mature broadleaf woodland with grassy open areas, 40 miles from London £56,000 (freehold) [#S1575]
Tranquil oak and hazel woodland in a rural location with vehicular access and numerous recreational opportunities on the Kent/East Sussex border.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 188
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: TQ 671 348
- Centre of wood: TQ 673 349
Nearest postcode: TN3 8HN
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Centre of wood: ///cucumber.weeks.caressing
Queens Wood lies at the end of a private track within a wider Ancient Woodland on the fringes of the attractive village of Lamberhurst in rural Kent.
Located predominantly on level loamy clay soils, the mature canopy consists of outstanding oak standards, majestic sweet chestnut coppice, birch and ash. Below, a shrub layer comprises hazel coppice (great for whittling walking thumb sticks), holly, hornbeam, and sycamore. Swathes of bluebell, primrose, foxglove, fern, bracken and blackberry embellish the ground layer, making a lovely woodland scene during spring, and a resource for our essential pollinators.
A large open grassy ride towards the northwest provides an excellent open area that could be used for numerous woodland activities such as bush craft or occasional milling of timber. A new owner could spend a few nights star gazing and camping here too. In addition, a seasonal stream runs through part of the northwest corner, creating a lush habitat for wildlife. Far reaching views are also enjoyed from the eastern boundary.
Woodland mammals include muntjac, roe and fallow deer, yellow-necked mouse, badger, hare and fox. A range of feathered guests such as long eared owl, treecreeper, greenfinch, woodpecker and many harmonious songsters revel in the peacefulness of this wood.
Queens Wood is accessed along an unsurfaced track navigable with a light 4WD vehicle all year round and a 2WD car in drier months. This woodland would be a perfect place for a keen woodsman or equally a family wanting to enjoy nature at is finest.
If It Were Mine
I would firstly mow the grassy ride during the summer months for a lovely overnight location to experience with friends and family. A hammock or two would be a nice addition from which to enjoy my surroundings. Sweet chestnut makes an excellent fuel for the hearth; I would consider selecting one to yield some logs.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the centre of Lamberhurst village, continue south through the high street passing the Chequers Inn pub, Premier shop then up the hill passing the village green towards Wadhurst, along the B2100.
- After 0.9 miles you will reach the outer edge of the village passing the entrance to Lamberhurst Furniture and J. Cannella Plant and Tool Hire on the right.
- Continue for 160 metres beyond this entrance through the last of the traffic calming measures arriving at a wooden five bar gate immediately on the left with a Red Rock Forestry sign attached (point A on the plan below).
- Please park in a safe place not obstructing any traffic nor the gate.
- Climb over the gate (sorry we do not provide keys for viewings), following the straight track southeast.
- After 160 metres turn left at the crossroads (point B).
- Continue along the track and after 150 metres you will arrive at the woodland ahead and to the left (point C), indicated by red and blue paint on a wooden post.
- The southeast boundary CDE is indicated by red paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The east boundary EF is the fence with fields beyond, FG is indicated by green paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The northwest boundary GH is the tall deer fence, HJ is the fence with residential properties beyond.
- The southwest boundary JC is indicated by blue paint on occasional trees.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way granted for all times and all purposes over the route ABC.
- A right of way is reserved over the route CD for the benefit of woodland to the south.
- There are no public rights of way within this woodland.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way, with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
Tree Preservation Order
The woodland is designated as an Ancient Woodland and is subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO). This does not prevent appropriate tree felling. However, the agreement of the local Tree Officer must be obtained in advance.
Third Party Rights
- Mid Kent Water Company have the right to enter the land to maintain the pipe between point XY on the plan and to make good any damage caused as a result.
- Any relics or antiques discovered within the woodland are owned by a third party.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. If you wish to purchase this property please register your interest with us. All parties who do so will then be invited to submit their best and final offer for a given closing date. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.