Two Eared Wood, Alford, nr. Guildford, Surrey. 1.19 acres of fenced broadleaved woodland with vehicular access, 35 miles from London. £20,000 (freehold) [#S1470]
A lovely young woodland with sweet chestnut coppice, ash and hazel offering recreational possibilities in a rural location, close to the Surrey/West Sussex border.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 187
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside access: TQ 053 343
- Centre of wood: TQ 056 339
Nearest postcode: RH12 3BQ
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Forming part of a wider gated forested area near to the West Sussex border, Two Eared Wood is an enchanting copse conveniently located 11 miles from Guildford.
This flourishing woodland is situated on predominately level loam over clay soils that slope very gently west and comprises a strong natural succession of sweet chestnut from a past rotation of mature coppice, along with hazel coppice, oak, birch, sycamore, ash and holly. Flanking the northern fence is a majestic ash, making a nice spot for story telling round a fire on a summer’s eve. Woodland shrubs, flowers and fence climbers include bushy yellow gorse, honeysuckle, blackberry, primrose, foxglove and rush.
Being fully encompassed by a high deer fence, not only does the woodland present a wonderful sense of privacy, it also offers a new owner plenty of scope to manage some well-established chestnut coppice and perhaps further enhance tree cover with oak and Norway spruce.
A number of woodland mammals take sanctuary in the wider woodland such as both fallow and roe deer, fox, badger and brown long-eared bat have all been spotted. Within this wood, feathered visitors include buzzard, little owl, woodpecker and many harmonious songbirds.
Two Eared Wood offers plenty to keep a weekend woodsman busy and benefits from vehicular access for a 4WD vehicle all year round and a 2WD car in all but the very wettest of conditions.
If It Were Mine
I would certainly consider some additional planting of conifer; Norway spruce could work well here. One of the grassy locations would make a most excellent place to camp and enjoy some stargazing!
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
This video is of the larger woodland as a whole and is not representative of any specific part of the woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Guildford, continue south along the A281 passing through Bramley.
- After 10 miles you will reach the village of Alfold, continue through the village along the A281, passing the BP petrol station on the right.
- 0.7 miles after passing the BP petrol station, the road dips just beyond the entrance for RGH Supplies with a turning on the right, indicated by orange Xs on a Public Footpath signpost (point X on the plan below).
- Turn right off the road and please park carefully in a suitable safe place not obstructing the steel gates.
- Walk round the gates (sorry we do not provide keys for viewings) and continue south along the track, passing a large agricultural barn on the left.
- After 360 metres you will see our Woods4Sale sign on the left attached to a gate, continue along the track for a further 80 metres and you will arrive at a second gate on the left and a pond next to it (point A).
- Climb over the gate and continue along the track for 245 metres and you will arrive at some high deer fencing and gate on the left (point B).
- Open the gate and enter into the woodland (please close the gate behind you to prevent deer from getting trapped inside).
The woodland boundary is indicated by the high deer fence. The gates in both the SE and SW corners are set across the diagonal, but in reality, the boundary is just outside the gates as indicated in the shape of the woodland plan.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are excluded from the sale.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way granted at all times and for all purposes over the route XAB.
- There are no public rights of way in this woodland.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.