Parma Wood, near Crowborough, East Sussex. 2.54 acres of lush broadleaf woodland with a stream, 40 miles from London £36,500 (freehold) [#S1408]
A peaceful woodland comprising oak and sweet chestnut, at the end of a track in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, 2 miles west of Crowborough.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 188
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate (point A on the plan): TQ 495 314
- Centre of wood: TQ 498 312
Nearest postcode: TN6 1TX
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Parma Wood is situated within a serene wider forest known as Cow Field, a stone's throw from Ashdown Forest and 2 miles west of the town of Crowborough in East Sussex.
Located on gentle sloping loamy clay soils, the canopy primarily consists of mature oak standards (some of superb quality), sweet chestnut, birch along with occasional beech and sycamore. The shrub layer below is made up of colourful rhododendron, holly, hazel coppice and younger birch and sycamore; some of these younger stems would be perfect for a log burner, using the existing Forestry Commission thinning licence. The ground layer is a charming delight during spring and summer with swathes of bluebell, foxglove, fern and bracken.
A meandering seasonal stream flanks the eastern boundary with an attractive open space just west of here, making a lovely area to overnight and star gaze on a clear night.
Woodland mammals regularly frequent here; roe deer, badger, fox and common pipistrelle bats have all been observed. A diversity of bird life such as buzzard, yellowhammer, woodpecker, little owl and numerous acoustic songsters also enjoy the tranquillity of this place.
Parma Wood benefits from good vehicular access lying at the end of a hard track navigable all year round with a 2WD vehicle.
If It Were Mine
Gathering a little birch for fuel is a must. Selecting an oak for milling is also an appealing thought, perhaps for some wood crafting at home. Summer BBQs and a few overnights would definitely happen too.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
This video is of the larger woodland as a whole and is not representative of any specific sale.
Directions & Access
- From the centre of Crowborough, continue south along the A26, passing the fire station and Morrisons petrol station on the left.
- After 0.5 miles turn right onto Warren Road and continue along through the residential estate and through the crossroads at Rannoch Road and then Fielden Road (point V on the plan below).
- Stay on Warren Road, which will eventually change to a good hard stone track.
- After 0.7 miles the road forks at a small wooden hut with a sign attached saying ‘Home Farm’ (point W), take the fork left where the tarmac ends. Please take care driving along the track from here.
- Continue down the track passing the post box and house development on the right, passing through a wooden gate shortly after.
- After 660 metres you will arrive at the bottom of the track with a wooden gate to the right, just as the bridleway bears left (point X).
- Drive through the gate and continue through the wider forest, following the occasional red arrows on trees and passing the lake on the left.
- After 1430 metres you will arrive at a forked junction in the track, where another track spurs into woodland with a wooden gate and some post and rail fencing set back with a Red Rock Forestry management sign attached (point A). Please park in a suitable place not obstructing any entrances or tracks.
- Climb the gate (sorry, we do not provide keys for viewing), and continue along the track.
- After 315 metres you will arrive at the woodland to the left (point B), indicated by green and blue paint on a short wooden post.
- The west boundary BH is indicated by blue paint on occasional wooden posts and trees, HG is the shallow ditch indicated by blue paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The northeast boundary GF is indicated by orange paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The southwest boundary BC is indicated by green paint on occasional short wooden posts on the inside edge of the track that may be off-set by a short distance, CD is the earth bund indicated by green paint on occasional wooden posts and trees, DE is the earth bund with ditch and fields beyond.
- The east boundary EF is the centre of the stream.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way granted for all times and all purposes over the route XAYZ and ABC.
- There are no public rights of way in this woodland.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way, with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.