Pipers, near Guildford, Surrey. 3.27 acres of conifer and broadleaf woodland in a semi-rural location, 8 miles from junction 4 of the M3. £49,000 (freehold) [#S1380]
A delightful Scots pine and sweet chestnut copse with abundant woodland recreation opportunities. Good vehicular access located at the end of a private track, 35 miles from London.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 186
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SU 935 531
- Centre of wood: SU 941 533
Nearest postcode: GU3 2DX
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Situated at the end of a private track within a wider gated forest known as Leapingbar Copse, Pipers is a lovely woodland located 6 miles northwest of Guildford in semi-rural Surrey.
Amongst fertile level sandy loams, the mature canopy predominantly comprises Scots pine, one of Great Britain’s three native conifer. Many of the stems are of superb quality and the species is acknowledged for its timber qualities, suitable for joinery and even veneer. Occupying the southeast corner are a number of majestic broadleaves including sweet chestnut, oak and beech - this would be a great area for bush craft.
The shrub layer comprises birch, bushy holly and patches of purple, pink and white rhododendron. Using the existing Forestry Commission thinning licence, a new owner could yield a useful Scots pine or two for a joinery project, a lovely way of hand crafting something from start to finish all from one’s own copse!
Occasional patches of bluebells, primrose, foxglove, lush grasses and bracken cover the ground layer during springtime, creating a lovely scene. Fringing the northeast boundary is an attractive grassy ride sheltered by sycamore, sweet chestnut and birch.
Several woodland creatures visit often including both muntjac and roe deer, field mouse, rabbit, badger, fox, little owl, redpoll, woodpecker and many tuneful songbirds.
Benefiting from good access at the end of an upgraded private track, Pipers is navigable all year round with a two-wheel drive car.
There is an Article 4 direction on the wider woodland including Pipers (for an initial 6 month period from October 2019) which means that permitted development rights which normally apply for any improvement to, or installation of, gates/fences/walls have been removed and full planning permission should be sought.
If It Were Mine
I would most certainly consider selecting a Scots pine to fell, using one half to season into logs for my burner at home, and craft the other half into sections to build a rustic table. Along with some occasional overnighting, my bushcraft skills would also be honed here, too. And what a perfect place to forest bathe amid the tall stems!
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
This video is of the larger woodland as a whole and is not representative of any specific sale.
Directions & Access
- From Guildford travel west along the A323 towards Aldershot, passing The Cricketers pub and Silvesters Fairlands Garage.
- After 3 miles turn right at the forked junction with a grass island and bus stop in the middle of it, onto Cobbett Hill Road.
- Continue along Cobbett Hill Road passing a large gated residential entrance set back on the left and a number of large satellite dishes on the right.
- After 0.8 miles turn left onto the A324 towards Ash and Aldershot.
- Continue along the A324 for 0.3 miles to the roundabout, taking the first left for Henley Business Park.
- Almost immediately after the roundabout you will see a wooden five bar gate on the left and our Woods4Sale sign attached to it (point A on the plan below).
- Please park in a suitable safe place neither obstructing the gate nor through traffic.
- Please climb the gate (sorry we do not provide keys for viewings). Continue along the track through the Scots pine woodland passing two log bridges on the right.
- After 495 metres, pass the turning on the right (point B) and continue for a further 60 metres and to the end of the track, indicated by a wooden post with green, blue and orange paint and the wooden name sign on a tree to the right of the T junction of the track (point C).
- The northeast boundary (DE) is indicated by the dilapidated fence.
- The southwest boundary (CH) is indicated by orange paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The northwest boundary (CD) is indicated by green paint on occasional wooden posts and trees on the inside of the ride which may be offset by a short distance.
- The southeast boundary (EF) is indicated by pink paint on a wooden post and the concrete fence post, FG is indicated by yellow paint on two wooden posts and GH is the centre of the ditch.
The sporting rights are owned and include in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way granted at all times and for all purposes over the route ABCD.
- There are no public rights of way in this woodland.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.