Morgans Wood, near Horsham, West Sussex. 4.64 acres of mature broadleaves and conifer in a quiet location for £62,000 (freehold) [#S1322]
A lovely woodland with oak and Scots pine in a tranquil setting and good vehicular access, 6 miles from Horsham.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 187
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside access: TQ 107 331
- Centre of wood: TQ 110 340
Nearest postcode: RH13 0RA
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Morgans Wood forms part of a wider and gated Ancient Woodland in rural West Sussex, located a short distance west of Horsham.
Situated on level fertile loam over clay soils, this peaceful woodland comprises a mature canopy towards the south of Scots pine, larch, and majestic oak (many of the stems are of excellent quality). A lush shrub layer beneath consists of holly, hawthorn, hazel and young ash. To the north, the copse is regenerating with abundant birch, hazel coppice, hornbeam, ash and a number of mature oak (a new owner could produce a simple programme for this area to generate a fuel stock). Patches of bluebell, primrose, wild rose, rushes and blackberry cover the ground layer, looking delightful during the warmer months.
Populations of mammal and feathered visitors regularly frequent this peaceful wood, including roe deer, badger, hedgehog, hawk, owl, lesser redpoll and many tuneful songsters.
Morgans Wood benefits from good access suitable for a 2WD vehicle along a hard-surfaced track, as well as convenient additional access along a ride on the southern boundary with a hard standing parking area.
If It Were Mine
I would be keen to carry out some silvicultural duties clearing the competing birch in and around the hornbeam, oak and ash. Summer barbeques with occasional overnighting is a must in this marvellous woodland.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Broadbridge Heath village, continue west towards Guildford on the A281 passing Farlington School on the right and taking the second exit at the roundabout just after, continuing on the A281.
- After 0.5 miles, keep left at the roundabout taking the first exit towards Guildford (A281), passing a Volvo car dealership on the right.
- After 0.7 miles, take the second exit toward Guildford continuing along the A281.
- After 0.6 miles, take the fork off to the right up a private tarmac drive sign posted for Furnace Lakes Carp Fishery (point A on the plan below).
- After 130 metres, turn right just before the stone gate posts and park safely taking care not to obstruct through traffic (point B).
- Climb the steel gate, (sorry we do not supply padlock codes for viewings) and follow the track for 950 metres and you will arrive at Morgans Wood on the left (point C), indicated by a set of double wooden gates and our Woods4Sale sign just beyond.
- The west boundary is the low earth bund.
- The south boundary is the earth bund indicated by occasional trees with pink paint.
- The northeast boundary is the inside edge of the track.
- The southeast boundary is the earth bund on the outside edge of the track and ditch.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale with exception of the right to shoot deer, which has been reserved.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- The is a right of way granted for all times and all purposes over the route ABC and DE on the plan below.
- A right of way is reserved over the route CD and CF for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- There is a right to park one vehicle at point D in common with others, with a shared maintenance liability.
- There are no public rights of way within the woodland.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.