Folly Plantation, near Grayshott, Hampshire. 4.6 acres of stunning mature broadleaves and conifer on the Hampshire/Surrey border for £56,000 (freehold) [#S1321]
Beautiful mature sweet chestnut coppice, Scots pine and oak woodland with rural views and good access. Conveniently located 40 miles from London.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 186
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SU 851 374
- Centre of wood: SU 850 373
Nearest postcode: GU26 6JD
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Forming part of a wider forested area, Folly Plantation lies a short distance from the bustling village of Grayshott in East Hampshire.
This peaceful copse slopes gently west from the centre of the woodland and sits among fertile loam over sand soils. The canopy predominantly comprises mature sweet chestnut, Scots pine and occasional oak. A number of majestic beech flank both the southwest and eastern boundaries. Beneath, there is a lush, bushy shrub layer of holly, hawthorn, rhododendron and beech regeneration (known for its shade tolerance). An attractive broad ride gives good access along the eastern side of the copse, as well as far reaching rural views that can be enjoyed from the northern boundary.
A diverse range of mammal and bird life are drawn to the serenity offered by the woodland, including deer (roe and fallow), badger, fox, field mouse, pipistrelle, sparrowhawk, little owl, buzzard and many tuneful songsters.
Folly Plantation offers a new owner plenty of scope to yield some fuel along with endless recreational opportunities. It benefits from good vehicular access suitable for a 2WD vehicle with a parking area at the northeast corner.
If It Were Mine
I would clear an area near to the northern boundary looking out over the lovely rural views to use as a location to occasionally camp during the warmer months. Some of the sweet chestnut would make excellent firewood for the hearth and my camp fire.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the village of Grayshott, head west on the B3002 passing The Fox & Pelican pub and church on the right.
- After 1 mile turn right onto Hammer Lane opposite the gate lodge at Grayshott Spa, signposted towards Barford and Churt.
- Continue along Hammer Lane for 1.1 miles and you will arrive at a track entrance with a steel gate set back and a sign for ‘Vulcan Stud’ (point A on the plan below).
- Please park in a safe place not obstructing through traffic.
- Continue up the short section of track and climb the gate (point B) (sorry we do not supply keys for viewings), and the woodland is immediately on the left, indicated by our Woods4Sale sign just beyond.
- The north boundary BC is the inside edge of the track from the steel gate and the top of the earth bank, CD is the earth bund with the fence on top.
- The east boundary is the top of the earth bank indicated by red paint on occasional wooden posts and trees.
- The southeast boundary is the top of the earth bank.
- The southwest boundary is the top of the earth bank.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way for Folly Plantation over the access track BC.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
- There are no public rights of way in this woodland but a public footpath runs outside the southwest boundary.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.