Green View Copse, Ashford, Kent. 2.18 acres of outstanding mature broadleaf woodland, close to Maidstone. £29,000 (freehold) [#S1100]
An excellent Ancient Woodland with wonderful specimens of oak and hornbeam in a peaceful part of Kent. With excellent access and under an hour from historic Canterbury.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 189
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: TQ 914 406
- Centre of wood: TQ 914 407
Nearest postcode: TN26 3AJ
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Situated in serene Kent countryside, Green View Copse lies on the fringes of the quaint village of Bethersden and roughly 20 minutes west of Ashford. Easily accessible, the southwest boundary borders onto a quiet wooded road that leads west out of the village.
This level woodland comprises fertile loamy clay soils resulting in some superb tall examples of oak and fine-looking hornbeam coppice, which bear testament to its former silvicultural management. Below the canopy, the occasional attractive holly tree adorns the wooded scene providing a hiding place for roe deer. Other wildlife such as common dormouse, badger and sparrowhawk, to name a few, are also visitors to the area. A fine array of flora occupies the woodland floor including fly agaric fungi, climacium moss and fruitful rubus.
A dry shallow channel runs from the west of the lot heading northeast, adding a distinctive undulation to the topography. Expansive views of rural Kent can also be enjoyed looking out from the northern boundaries.
This very manageable woodland lends itself perfectly as an idyllic spot for recreation or for the weekend woodsman.
Green View Copse is subject to an Article 4 Direction preventing some types of permitted development.
If It Were Mine
If I were lucky enough to own this woodland, I would create an access point into the woodland. I would also yield a little hornbeam to fuel a wood burner at home.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Ashford exit the town west along the A28 towards Bethersden.
- After roughly 6 miles you arrive in the village of Bethersden.
- Once almost through the village, turn right into School Road.
- After 200 metres turn left into Wissenden Lane.
- Continue along Wissenden Lane for just under 1 mile and you will see a Woods4Sale sign a tree on the right (point A on the plan).
- The woodland is situated behind the Woods4Sale sign and fenced bank.
- Please park in a safe place off the road not obstructing traffic.
- Climb over the fence to enter the woodland, this is currently the only way to access the wood.
- The south boundary is indicated by the fenced bank.
- The southeast boundary is indicated by wooden stakes and trees painted pink.
- The northeast boundary is indicated by the fence.
- The northwest boundary is indicated by the fence.
- The west boundary is indicated by wooden stakes and trees painted white and starts at the hanging post with white paint on top to the right of the gate (the gate belongs to the neighbouring woodland and is not an access point into Green View Copse).
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
There are no public rights of way in this woodland.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
Tree Preservation Order
The woodland is designated as an Ancient Woodland and is subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO). This does not prevent appropriate tree felling. However, the agreement of the local Tree Officer must be obtained in advance.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- The full contact details (full name, address & phone number) and date of birth of the legal purchaser(s)
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.