Carn Mhor Copse, Speyside, Inverness-shire. A small woodland within Aviemore in the Cairngorms National Park. 0.57 acres for £9,900 (freehold) [#A2106]
An entry level woodland in one of Scotland’s premier resorts.
PH22 1LF (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Entrance (point A): ///adverbs.squad.rarely
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 36
- Entrance (point A): NH 902 132
Carn Mhor lies towards the northeast side of Aviemore and is a remnant woodland that is now surrounded by residential housing.
The woodland occupies level ground and is dominated by birch trees. Other species reflect the semi-natural history of the woodland including juniper, a lone Scots pine and broom.
Access is gained from Carn Mhor (a cul-de-sac) into the east corner of the wood. This links with a public footpath that runs through the southern part of the property and from which the rest of the property is accessed. The west side of the wood is bounded by a clean-flowing ditch.
The soundscape is enlivened by plenty of garden and woodland birds that, along with foxes and red squirrels, inhabit Carn Mhor and adjacent woodland.
This has to be the most affordable property in Aviemore!
If It Were Mine
I’d look to improve the pedestrian access at the narrow neck leading from the hard footpath to the main woodland area. This would better enable occasional overnight camping near the heart of this vibrant resort.
This woodland may also appeal to neighbouring properties with a view to garden extension.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head north from the centre of Aviemore on the B9152.
- Towards the north end of the town turn right onto Dalfaber Drive.
- Cross the level crossing and then take the second right onto Craggan More Road.
- Take the third turn on the right into Carn Mor and park on the left at the end of the cul-de-sac (point A on the plan).
- The west boundary (BC) is a ditch.
- Other boundaries are formed by adjacent garden fences.
Rights Of Way
A footpath (AC) runs through the southern section of the wood.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are a number of burdens relating to the property due to its situation within a residential development, some of which perforce only apply to the residential development itself. The title sheet detailing these can be viewed on the link below.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Please confirm how you will be funding the purchase and that you have cleared funds available
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.