Isla Wood, Ruthven, Huntly, Aberdeenshire. A gorgeous riverside woodland on the banks of the River Isla. 3.45 acres for sale as a whole for £63,000 or in lots from £18,000 (freehold) [#A1937]
Riparian broadleaves with 270 metres of riverbank and direct frontage to a quiet county road.
Lot 1: 1.57 acres
Lot 2: 0.94 acres
Lot 3: 0.94 acres
Lot 1: £27,000
Lot 2: £18,000
Lot 3: £18,000
AB54 4SP (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Entrance (point A) : ///genius.frightens.addicted
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 29
Entrance (point A): NJ 530 467
Isla Wood lies on the south bank of the River Isla close to its confluence with the River Deveron in the heart of rural Aberdeenshire. Four miles to the south is the historic market town of Huntly, home to the dramatic ruins of Huntly Castle and the Glendronach distillery. Aberdeen is an hour to the southeast and Inverness is 90 minutes to the west (both via the A96).
The woodland occupies a level terrace and has wide panoramic views over the river to a gently undulating mosaic of farmland and woods beyond.
Isla Wood contains a mix of maturing species including birch, sycamore, alder, willow and poplar. Beneath the canopy are a number of regenerating saplings and a scattering of woody shrubs. The woodland floor is largely uncluttered and most areas are readily accessible on foot. A ditch cuts through the west section, beyond which is an area of open ground.
All lots have the benefit of direct frontage to a quiet minor county road. There is a small hard-standing area at the east end enabling off-road parking.
Quiet accessible broadleaf woods with river frontage are rare to the market. Parcels at under £20,000 are rarer still.
If It Were Mine
This is unequivocally an amenity wood offering quiet enjoyment by the river - BBQs and the odd night under canvas (plus the opportunity of fishing the Isla and Deveron for a small annual fee) are all in prospect for the new owner(s).
A few fallen stems will provide for the campfire which I suspect would get frequent use.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head north from Huntly on the B9022 for just over 4 miles.
- Immediately before the bridge over the River Isla, turn left onto the minor county road signed for Ruthven and Cairnie.
- Isla Wood is now on your right.
- There is a lay-by opposite the middle of the wood about 100 metres from the junction.
- The north boundary is the riverbank.
- The east and south boundaries are the public road verges.
- The west boundary is at the edge of an arable field indicated by plain wooden posts at either end (A and B).
- The boundary between lots 1 and 2 is indicated by a line of red-topped posts.
- The boundary between lots 2 and 3 is indicated by a line of blue-topped posts.
The sporting rights are included in the sale. Fishing on the Rivers Isla and Deveron is available to local property owners for a small annual fee.
Rights Of Way
Access is taken directly off the adjacent minor public road.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.