Postie’s Wood, Innerwick, near Dunbar, East Lothian. 0.8 acres of mature broadleaves for £17,500 (freehold) [#A1879]
A bank of mixed species at the edge of a pretty village.
EH42 1SE (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Entrance (near ruin): ///decimals.mimes.dreaming
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 67
Entrance (near ruin): NT 722 739
Postie’s Wood lies at the very edge of Innerwick on the boundary between the village and the fields above. This attractive conservation village is 4 miles southeast of Dunbar. The A1 is a mile to the north giving ready access to Haddington (20 minutes) and Edinburgh (I hour).
Apart from a small level area near the ruin in the northeast corner, the wood lies on steep north-facing ground affording lovely glimpses over the village to the coast beyond. The wood gets its name from the ruin which was known as the Postman’s House at the start of the last century.
The wood is dominated by a mix of mature sycamore, ash and lime, with a fringe of windswept larch on the top edge above. Beneath the canopy is a smattering of regenerating saplings and scrub, plenty of ivy and a few patches of snowdrops.
Pedestrian access is taken directly off the adjacent public road. There is no vehicular access into the wood due to the retaining wall and pavement on the roadside egde.
This budget woodland offers an affordable avenue into woodland ownership in a most attractive village setting.
If It Were Mine
I’d clear a circular path to improve internal access and perhaps consider converting the ruin into a woodland shed. Local songsters would I’m sure appreciate a few well-placed birdboxes.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Travel southeast on the A1 from Dunbar for 1½ miles, then turn right across the dual carriageway where signed for Innerwick.
- After ¼ mile fork left, following for Innerwick.
- Continue onto and through the village, and then turn left at the T Junction.
- Postie’s Wood is 250 metres along on your right, opposite the village hall.
- The easiest way into the wood is through a narrow gap in the wall near the overgrown ruin in the northeast corner.
- The north boundary (AB) is the roadside retaining wall.
- The east boundary (BC) is defined by a derelict fence.
- The south boundary (CD) is the field edge wall.
- The west boundary (AD) is an overgrown wall.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
Rights of Access
Access is taken directly off the public road on the north side of the wood.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.