Tillen Meadow, Midmar, near Torphins, Aberdeenshire. A small paddock with good access in attractive countryside. 1.08 acres freehold for £8,500 [#A1260]
A sheltered field on level ground suitable for a variety of uses.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 38
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Access point: (A on plan): NJ 665 069
- Centre of meadow: NJ 665 070
Nearest postcode: AB51 7NN
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Tillen Meadow occupies a sheltered location set amidst attractive rolling countryside midway between two famous salmon rivers - the Dee and the Don. Aberdeen is 40 minutes to the east and the Cairngorms National Park is a similar distance to the southwest. Banchory and other Royal Deeside villages are about 20 minutes to the south. The immediate vicinity is a largely undiscovered haven.
The paddock is largely level with a gentle north-easterly aspect, and is sheltered by woodland and field-edge trees on two sides. It has not been grazed for some years. The access is via a well found hard track and there is a good length of hardstanding within for parking.
Tillen lends itself to a variety of uses from equestrian to woodland establishment and the attractive location also means that it presents as a very affordable hideaway. A shepherd’s hut would sit well here.
If It Were Mine
As a forester I’d like to plant a few specimen trees possibly in conjunction with establishing an orchard. A maintained area of meadow for camping is also tempting.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this meadow.
Directions & Access
- From Aberdeen head west on the A944, then fork left onto the B9119 just before Westhill, following this road for 6½ miles to Echt.
- Continue west on the B9119 for a further 4.9 miles and then after crossing a stone bridge on a right hand bend, fork right onto a minor county road signed for Comers.
- Follow this road through some S bends for 2/3 mile until you come to a right-angled bend in the road, with a hard track straight ahead of you and a Woods4Sale sign adjacent (point A on the plan).
- Please park here keeping clear of all field accesses.
- Walk down the track ahead of you for 100 metres to a field gate on your right (B). This is the entrance to Tillen Meadow.
- The east boundary (BE) is a deer fence.
- The southwest boundary (BCD) is the track-side stock fence.
- The northwest boundary (DE) is a stone wall.
The sporting rights are included. They are not let.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of access for all purposes over the route AC with shared maintenance according to use.
- Other rights: A right is reserved to the owners of Tillen Meadow over the route AB to lay a pipe and/or erect overhead cables for potential connection to services, up to 15 metres from the track.
As is usual in Scotland, boundary fencing is shared with adjacent owners.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.