Wogle Wood, Blackburn, Aberdeenshire. 14.49 acres of mixed conifers and fringing beech for sale as a whole freehold for £68,000 or in 2 lots from £26,000 [#A1181]
Mature mixed conifers with fringing hardwoods in open countryside, half an hour from the centre of Aberdeen.
Lot 1: 4.81 acres
Lot 2: 9.68 acres
Lot 1: £26,000 (freehold)
Lot 2: £42,000 (freehold)
OS Landranger Map: Sheet 38.
Access point (A on the plan): NJ 815 115.
Nearest Postcode: AB21 0SP.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Wogle Wood occupies slightly elevated ground half a mile south of Blackburn and about 5 miles west of Aberdeen Airport. The main A96 trunk road is less than a mile to the north giving easy access from the city and other centres to the west.
The wood lies on level and gentle north-facing ground overlooking farmland to north and south across the valley to Blackhill and with a good westerly panorama towards Bennachie.
Access to both parcels is excellent via a well-found hard track which runs along the north side of the property. The adjacent public road is a ‘preferred timber haulage route’ which in conjunction with the proximity of a number of sawmills bodes well if the decision is taken to harvest.
The centre of Lot 1 was restocked with Sitka spruce about 20 years ago. The spruce is surrounded by planted and naturally-regenerated hardwoods of a similar age including birch, cherry, oak and rowan. The perimeter is fringed by mature beech stems.
Whilst the spruce promises a longer-term timber crop, this property also has amenity appeal. Roe deer, badgers and red squirrels have all been noted in the wood, along with woodcock, pheasant, wood pigeon and flocks of geese in adjacent fields.
Lots 2 supports fine a stand of mature larch – lofty well-spaced trees with elegant straight stems promising some quality mill-wood as well as resting easily on the eye. To the north there is a band of recently thinned production-phase Douglas fir. The north and south boundaries are protected by mature beech stems, which aside from looking good also afford shelter to the conifers within.
The substantial Keystone Montana accommodation trailer in Lot 2 is included in the sale. There is a water borehole near the middle of the wood.
If It Were Mine
I might consider some on-site milling of the mature larch in Lot 2, brash the spruce in Lot 1 and remove the few remaining tree tubes from the hardwoods there. Both parcels offer an ideal place to relax after a few hours on the chainsaw.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head northwest from Aberdeen on the A96.
- After passing the village of Blackburn on your right, turn left at the next roundabout signed for Tertowie and Westhill.
- Continue south for half a mile.
- Cross the narrow bridge, negotiate the sharp right and left bends and after a further 100 metres fork left up the track by a Woods4Sale sign. Lot 1 is now on your right.
- Please park to the side of the track ensuring clear passage for cars and tractors to the houses and farms beyond.
- The northwest boundary (AH) is the roadside edge.
- The east boundary (ABC) is the west side of the hard track.
- The east boundary (CG) is the line of a derelict wall (indicated by red-topped posts which are perforce slightly offset from the line of the wall).
- The south boundary (GH) is the field edge stone wall.
- The north boundary (CD) is the roadside wall.
- The east boundary (DEF) is the roadside wall.
- The south boundary (FG) is the field edge stone wall.
- The west boundary (CG) is the line of a derelict wall (indicated by red-topped posts which are perforce slightly offset from the line of the wall).
The sporting rights are included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are included except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of access for all purposes to the property over the hard track ABCDE.
- If the property is sold in lots, access will be granted over the route AB to Lot 1 and ABCDE to Lot 2.
- Maintenance of all shared tracks is according to use.
- There are no public rights of way within the wood, but in line with Scottish legislation the public are entitled to access the woodland subject to the Scottish Outdoor Access Code.
The maintenance of the south field boundary FGH is shared with the neighbouring proprietor.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- The full contact details (full name, address & phone number) and date of birth of the legal purchaser(s)
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.