Chapel Wood, Chapeltown, South Yorkshire. 2.81 acres of broadleaf woodland for £22,000 (freehold) [#A969]
An attractive swathe of maturing hardwoods with good access midway between Sheffield and the Peak District National Park.
OS Landranger map: Sheet 110.
National Grid Ref:
- Access point A: SK 329 966.
- Cente of wood: SK 328 966.
Nearest postcode: S35 1WN.
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Chapel Wood lies on gently sloping and near-level ground at the entrance to a larger wooded area just outside Chapeltown. Junction 36 of the M1 is three miles away, the Peak District National Park is eight miles to the west and Sheffield is a similar distance to the south.
Chapel Wood is designated as a Plantation on an Ancient Woodland Site suggesting at least 400 years of woodland cover. There is a diverse mix of species here. Sycamore is widespread but you will also find oak, rowan, willow, holly and field maple plus the occasional conifer in the form of larch and Scots pine. Beneath this is a range of regenerating saplings and shrubs including hazel.
Honeysuckle drapes itself opportunistically and there are plenty of bluebells brightening the woodland floor, along with other woodland flowers and herbs in season.
Thanks to gentle smooth terrain this is an easily-worked wood with extraction aided by the bisecting main track which is accessible to 2WD.
If It Were Mine
Some of the denser stands would benefit from thinning out (to the benefit of my log store). I’d emphasise felling sycamore to favour native species such as oak and field maple where possible, and I’d also consider a little extra stone on parts of the track.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From J36 of the M1 head southwest on the A61, also called Westwood New Road.
- After a mile cross straight over the first roundabout and continue on the A61 for a further 1½ miles passing the junction (by a garage) for the A629 on your right.
- Keep south on the A61 for a further 300 metres and you will see a Woods4sale sign in a tree on your right.
- Turn first right after the sign into a private drive (about 200 metres after the sign).
- Immediately after entering park on an area of hard-standing on your left (point A on the plan) and walk from this point.
- The entrance to Chapel Wood is via the locked gate opposite (with a small For Sale sign).
Please note we do not give out keys for viewing. Purchasers will be given keys for vehicular access on completion of purchase.
- The northwest boundary (DE) is the line of the footpath.
- The northeast boundary (AE) is the roadside verge.
- The short south boundary (AB) is the gate and adjacent timber railing.
- The south west boundary (BC) is the field-edge stone wall and (CD) the northeast side of the track.
The sporting rights are included. They are not let.
The mineral rights are included except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of access for all purposes over the track HD.
- A right of access is reserved to others over the track AH.
- A right to park a single vehicle just inside the gate at A is reserved to others.
- Maintenance of all shared tracks is according to use.
- A public footpath runs along the track AFHD and FG.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- The full contact details (full name, address & phone number) and date of birth of the legal purchaser(s)
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.