Emley Wood, a beautiful oak woodland near to Barnburgh, South Yorkshire. 2.09 acres for £32,000 (freehold) [#F1914]
A highly productive and well managed oak woodland with excellent access.
DN5 7EH (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Roadside entrance: ///utter.conga.factored
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 111
- Roadside gate: SE 483 040
- Centre of wood: SE 476 042
Emley Wood is a beautiful and highly productive oak woodland and is found in the middle of the wider area known as Bella Wood. Stoned tracks lead to the boundary that should allow year round access.
Oak dominates the upper canopy, but here and there can be found the occasional beech, sycamore and even a Scots pine or two. Underneath, and more so along the western and southern boundary, are some hazel trees, and self-set saplings, mainly sycamore and ash. Dotted throughout the woodland are occasional holly trees. The oak trees are lovely and straight and given some more years to put on good growth could produce very high quality timber, perfect for furniture making or even construction grade beams.
The plants growing on the woodland floor are mainly a mix of bramble, wild grasses, bluebells, wild garlic and wood anemones. There are sure to be a few more widlflowers that will bloom in the right seasons along with the odd fern and mix of mosses. The woodland also has a fairly diverse wildlife population; deer are believed to occasionally frequent the area as well as the ever-present songbirds, the occasional buzzard, rabbit, fox and badger that are often known to be in woodland like this.
Situated on a gentle, westerly slope, Emley Wood is found on a nice deep brown earth site, there are no obvious wet spots which indicates that the site is well drained and ideal for year round use. This woodland is an ideal purchase for someone seeking a stunning woodland to enjoy for amenity leisure or for long term investment.
If It Were Mine
There is no immediate need to do anything, so I would take the opportunity to enjoy the woodland, perhaps camping, bird watching, or maybe if feeling so inclined, I could fell a tree for some firewood. Other than that I would spend the long summer days relaxing, absorbing my surroundings.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head east out of Goldthorpe along the A635 towards the A1/M1 for approximately 1.5 miles.
- When you reach the village of Hickleton, turn right immediately after St Wilfrid’s Church onto Hickleton Road.
- Drive south along Hickleton Road towards Barnburgh for approximately 1 mile until you reach a double metal gate on the right (point X on the plan below).
- Drive through this gate (please close it afterwards).
- Continue down the hard farm track until you reach a second metal gate at the entrance to the woodland where there is a Woods4Sale sign (point A).
- Park in front of the gate and continue on foot (sorry, we do not provide keys for viewing).
- Climb the gate and walk down the stone track for approximately 300 metres until you reach a fork in the road (point B).
- Take the right-hand fork and the woodland is immediately on the left hand side.
- The southern boundary is the old dry ditch which is indicated by pink paint on trees and posts.
- The western boundary is indicated by blue paint on trees and posts.
- The eastern boundary is the eastern edge of the track indicated by the occasional post marked with green paint which may be off-set by a short distance.
- The northern boundary is indicated by white paint on trees and posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way within the woodland.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way with liability according to use.
- There is a right of way granted at all times and for all purposes over the route XAB.
- A right of way is reserved over the route BC and BD for the benefit of the woodlands beyond.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
Part of the woodland is a Registered Parks and Gardens – Hickleton Hall and Hickleton Park Local Wildlife Site.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.