Bumble Wood, Longhorsley, Northumberland. A pocket woodland of scattered larch. 0.83 acres freehold for £15,000 [#A1667]
Scattered maturing larch stems in a gated woodland with good hard track access.
NE65 8RH (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Woodland entrance: ///testers.letter.lingering
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 81
- Roadside gate: NZ 115 965
- Centre of wood: NZ 112 963
Bumble Wood lies within a larger gated woodland just outside Northumberland National Park, midway between Morpeth and Rothbury. The A1 is 5 miles away giving easy access to Newcastle which is some 40 minutes to the south.
Bumble occupies largely level ground and supports a scattering of pole-stage larch which naturally regenerated after the previous crop was felled about 15 years ago. The restock requirement has been met elsewhere in adjacent woodland so there is no obligation to plant the open areas.
The wider woodland is awash with birds and mammals that appreciate the tranquillity of this place. Roe deer, badgers, foxes and red squirrels are present along with woodpeckers, buzzards and a variety of woodland songsters.
The wood is reached by a well-found car-accessible track. There are not many woods in this price bracket nowadays…and even fewer that are located in such a private and beautiful location. This is an ideal starter wood.
If It Were Mine
I would control the bracken and then look at planting a mix of native broadleaves and shrubs in some of the open areas.
On the construction side, I’d create a pull-in for parking and also consider a small deck near the middle for rest and recreation.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Longhorsley lies 6 miles northwest of Morpeth on the A 697.
- Leave Longhorsley heading west on West Road.
- After 1¼ miles turn right, where the road take a sharp left hand bend (by the entrance to Forget-Me-Not Country Park).
- Continue north on this road for a further 1¼ miles until you cross a ford (usually dry).
- The access to the wood is via the second gateway on your left after the ford - a distance of about ¼ mile (X on the plan).
- Please park safely nearby and clear of all farm gateways.
- Climb the field gate (X) and follow the stone track along the field edge for 350 metres to double field gates leading into woodland (A).
- Enter the woodland and continue on the track straight ahead of you for about 100 metres until you see a line of orange-topped posts to your left (B).
- Bumble Wood is on your left after this point.
- Sorry, but we do not give out keys for viewing.
- Please ensure all gates are left closed.
- The northwest boundary (BC) is the southeast side of the track.
- The northeast and southeast boundaries (BE and DE) are marked by orange-topped posts.
- The southwest boundary (CD) is a line of blue-topped posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a right of way at all times for all purposes over the route XABC.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
- There are no public rights of way within the wood.
There are no fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.