Greenridge Wood, Dilston, Near Corbridge, Northumberland. Mixed conifers with road frontage and privacy. 5.73 acres freehold for £59,000 [#A1574]
Mature and maturing crops with good access and high amenity.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 87
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Entrance: NY 968 615
- Centre of wood: NY 968 616
Nearest postcode: NE45 5RL
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Greenridge Wood forms part of a larger conifer woodland situated less than three miles from the attractive town of Corbridge on the River Tyne. The A69 trunk road is a fifteen minute drive to the north enabling easy access from Carlisle and Newcastle.
The wood lies behind a stone wall and is screened by birch and occasional oak. A young blackthorn hedge on part of the roadside offers further privacy.
Behind this there is a fine stand of mature larch dotted with occasional birch and holly. Beneath the stems there is a clean level woodland floor of blueberry and soft grasses punctuated with pockets of fern. The terrain falls away in the centre of the wood via a modest bank to a level skirt of ground in the north supporting a crop of maturing spruce beyond which is a flooded ditch which has been worked into an attractive pond.
A grassy track leads in from the roadside gate (framed with small stands of bamboo) to a level area within the larch stand which affords an excellent amenity space. As well as the normal raft of woodland birds and mammals, Greenridge also supports a healthy number of woodland ant nests.
With its mix of mature and maturing conifers Greenridge should attract both silvicultural and amenity interest.
If It Were Mine
The maturing spruce are approaching first thin and I’d also want to clear the trees back from the pond at the bottom of the wood to admit more light.
The levelled grassy area among the mature larches offers a lovely spot for recreation and camping.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head southwest out of Corbridge on the B6321.
- After ¾ mile turn sharp left onto the A695 signed for Gateshead and Prudhoe
- After ¼ mile turn right onto the B6307 signed for Blanchland and Slaley.
- After 1.7 miles turn sharp left onto a single-track unclassified road.
- Greenridge Wood is on your left after about 400 metres.
- Climb the gate to enter the wood at point A on the plan (sorry we do not supply keys for viewings).
- The west boundary (AB) is the west side of a ride marked periodically by red and blue posts.
- The north boundary (BC) is an earth bund marked periodically by red posts.
- The east boundary (CD) is marked with red and grey posts in a narrow ride.
- The south boundary (AD) is a stone wall adjacent to the public road.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- Access is taken directly from the adjacent public road.
- There is no public right of way within the wood.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.