Brunton Wood, Chollerford, Northumberland. Mixed broadleaves with excellent access and panoramic views over the North Tyne Valley. 6.67 acres freehold for £44,000 [#A1183]
Maturing mixed hardwoods, at the end of a private track offering a high degree of privacy and amenity.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 87
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: NY 929 708
- Centre of wood: NY 933 704
Nearest postcode: NE46 4HJ
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Brunton Wood lies on moderate slopes on the south side of the River North Tyne, with commanding northerly views over the Northumbrian countryside. The A69 is just 10 minutes to the south giving easy access east and west to Newcastle and Carlisle, both of which are about 40 minutes by car.
The wood lies within a mile of Hadrian’s Wall, a short section of which is visible at nearby Brunton Turret, from which the wood takes its name. A number of attractive villages offer local facilities and the regional centre of Hexham is about 15 minutes away.
The woodland was planted with a diverse mixture of native hardwoods about 15 years ago. Birch is dominant supplemented by oak, ash and rowan plus minor elements of elm, holly, cherry, willow and hawthorn. There is also a small stand of larch.
An excellent newly-constructed stone track gives car access into the northeast corner of the wood. Thanks to a woodland floor dominated by grasses and woodland associates like bluebell, sorrel and fern, there is easy pedestrian access from here into the rest of the property.
Lying at the end of the track, Brunton occupies a most private location surrounded by farmland to three sides and woodland to the fourth. The local wildlife appreciates this solitude with roe deer frequenting the glades and buzzards soaring overhead.
This wood is definitely one to enjoy, while providing plenty of opportunity to shape its development as it approaches production phase.
If It Were Mine
The first job is to remove the remaining tubes from the maturing trees. Thereafter I’d clear a couple of rides through the wood to improve internal access and consider some respacing of the stems in the denser areas with a view to releasing oak and elm where possible.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the A69, ¾ mile west of Hexham turn north onto the A6079 signed for Acomb and Chollerford.
- Continue on this road for 3¼ miles to a crossroads.
- Go straight over the crossroads and drive for a further 2/3 mile.
- The entrance to the wood is a timber gate with a Woods4Sale sign on your right (A on the plan) immediately before a stone parapet bridge.
- Please park near the entrance keeping access to the wood clear.
- Walk up the hard track past the old limekiln and up the hill for a total of about 800 metres to the track’s end (point B). Brunton Wood is now ahead of you.
- The east boundary (BC) is marked by a line of red-topped posts.
- All other boundaries (CD, DE & EB) are field edge stock fences.
The sporting rights are included. They are not let.
The mineral rights are reserved to another party.
Rights Of Way
- A full right of access for all purposes at all times is granted over the route AB on the plan with maintenance according to use.
- There are no public rights of way within the wood.
- It is understood Brunton Wood has sole responsibility for the north and west boundary fences (DEB).
- The vendor is currently replacing the north boundary fence (EB).
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.