Coed-y-Waen, Nannerch, nr. Mold, Flintshire. A mixed conifer and broadleaved woodland with stream frontage, approx. 4.89 acres for £26,000 (freehold) [#M1459]
A delightful stream-fronted, south-facing mixed woodland, situated in a quiet valley within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty between the market towns of Mold and Denbigh.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 116
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside access: SJ 158 700
- Centre of wood: SJ 157 700
Nearest postcode: CH7 5RX
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Nestled in a valley in the foothills of the Clwydian mountain range, Coed-y-Waen offers plenty of opportunities for recreation, nature conservation and timber production. Entering the woodland from the quiet road - Ffordd y Waen - the track through the woodland follows a gentle stream meandering through the valley. This natural corridor is host to a wide variety of mature broadleaved trees including oak, sycamore, ash, alder and cherry. Further up the slope is densely populated larch, Douglas fir and chestnut which are reaching maturity.
The stream is shadowed by a narrow track providing foot access the length of the wood. Further up the bank an old extraction ride follows the contour and with a little groundwork could be made suitable for timber extraction.
Walking the path, the banks of the stream are abundant with woodland flora providing a colourful display of flowers in the summer and the opulent smell of garlic in the spring. At the end of the path emerges open pasture with commanding views of the countryside, noted for its outstanding natural beauty.
The trees are ready for harvesting now, or alternatively could be retained for the longer term, perhaps with some careful light thinning. Douglas fir is one of the most valuable commercial softwood timber grown in the UK, and this woodland contains some excellent specimens.
There is a layby outside the wood which sits on Ffordd y Waen, connecting to the A541. Within 10 minutes’ drive of Coed-y-Waen are the towns of Mold and Denbigh as well as the A55 North Wales Expressway, thus providing a link to North Wales and Chester, and onwards to the national motorway network.
If It Were Mine
After improving the access, I would clear fell small areas of conifer and restock with oak and hornbeam.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Mold, take the Denbigh Road (A541) heading northwest for 6 miles.
- Bear left onto Ffordd y Pentre/Village Road signposted for Nannerch.
- Drive for 0.6 miles, through the village and turn left at the end of a stone wall (on the left) on to Ffordd y Waen.
- Follow the narrow road for a further 0.6 miles until you arrive at the entrance to the wood identified by our sign and a bench on the road verge.
- There is a lay-by to park opposite the junction.
- Coed-y-Waen has agricultural fences on all boundaries, dilapidated in places.
- The entrance to the wood XY is along the public path and is unmarked.
- The section between ST is marked with a length of wire on the ground along a shallow ridge and is also indicated with white paint on boundary trees.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There is a public footpath that runs along the stream.
There are no known fencing obligations.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.