Coed y Diwedd, 3.42 acres of young replanted broadleaved woodland in a delightful position a mile from Ruthin in North Wales for £14,000 (freehold) [#M1305]
A mix of well-maintained native hardwoods approaching its fourth growing season on a sunny southwest-facing bank with panoramic views over the surrounding landscape.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 116
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SJ 121 573
- Centre of wood: SJ 118 571
Nearest postcode: LL15 2NR
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Coed y Diwedd is a young replanted woodland just outside Ruthin, a charming town with all the amenities one could wish for. With three growing seasons under its belt the former conifer wood is now very much a woodland again with native plants and trees growing with profusion. The planting is comprised of a simple but diverse mix of native broadleaves including beech, oak, birch and rowan. Some native ash and sycamore are showing their colours amongst the planted trees along with privet, holly and hazel. The species choice is well suited to this site and thanks to a judicious weeding regime the trees have established well, with some now standing a few metres tall.
The developing habitat is also attracting an increasing variety of wildlife with wildflowers and soft grasses providing homes for insects and birds. Within the wood are a few large pine trees, a token to the former cover of trees and providing a great perch for raptors.
The wood lies on gently sloping ground with an easterly aspect. A slightly elevated position gives attractive views over the Clwydian Range to the east.
Access is directly off a quiet public road via a short well build hard stone track providing 2WD access at all times of the year.
Coed y Diwedd presents a real opportunity to acquire an affordable slice of rural charm.
If It Were Mine
Under the terms of the Forestry Commission felling licence the number of planted trees should be maintained for a further 7 years where it might then be appropriate to thin out some of the less desirable stems. I would continue to weed as necessary and perhaps a little formative pruning to encourage clean stems.
It could be a great place to position a beehive and sample the local nectar!
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Ruthin town centre follow signs for Bala on the A494.
- About 800 metres from the last mini-roundabout on the edge of the town you will see double steel gates on your right hand side. Just inside the gates is a sign saying “Castle Wood”. These are the main gates to the forest (point A on the plan below)
- Please park here keeping clear of the gates, climb the gate (sorry, we do not provide keys for viewings) and walk along the forest track for almost 100 metres to point B.
- The wood begins here on your right behind the netting fence.
- The north boundary is the wall.
- The east boundary is indicated by red paint on boundary trees and wooden posts along the tree line set back from the outside edge of the track.
- The south boundary is indicated by blue paint wooden posts.
- The west boundary is indicated by green paint on wooden posts.
The woodland comes with full sporting rights.
These are reserved to a previous owner.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is granted at all times over the track AB.
- A right of access is reserved to others over the track BC.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.