Carts End, near Ironbridge, Telford, Shropshire, mature deciduous Ancient Woodland with open spaces and car access. 1.49 acres for £27,000 (freehold) [#F1916]
A charming woodland characterised by a landscaped area ideal for camping, located close to the Wrekin and Little Wenlock.
TF6 5BS (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 127
- Roadside gate: SJ 662 092
- Centre of wood: SJ 658 095
Carts End is a compact parcel set within a larger Ancient Semi Natural Woodland. It is characterised by a manmade earth formation that provides a level platform on an otherwise sloping area of land. This provides a prominent but secluded elevated position hidden from all but the most adventurous.
Within the wood you will find tall and old oak trees, young birch, gnarly, twisted chestnuts and a plethora of other species growing wildly throughout. At the centre of the wood is a grassy area surrounded by birch trees and is a delightful setting for family camping.
Carts End is easily accessed with a 2 wheel drive car via a stone track from the council road leading up to and into the wood. A fence along the outer boundary and a locked gate at the entrance, solely for the use of Carts End makes this a very private woodland.
This woodland provides plenty of opportunity for a weekend woodsperson to do a little tree cutting and planting. For nature lovers, this commanding spot is a great position from where you can observe and make note of the wildlife in the area – fallow deer are popular on the Wrekin and you will likely see them passing through the wood at dusk and dawn.
If It Were Mine
The woodland does not need any significant work, perhaps a light thin to bring some order would not go amiss, and I would clear around the grassy areas to encourage the wildflowers.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the PowerStation at Ironbridge A4169 heading north east on Buildwas Road.
- At the roundabout, take 1st exit on to A5223.
- After 0.2 miles at roundabout, take 1st exit After 0.4 miles turn left towards Dog in the Lane.
- After 0.3 miles turn right on to Dog in the Lane.
- After 0.7 miles turn right towards New Works Lane.
- After 0.5 miles turn left on to New Works Lane.
- After 0.5 miles there is a yellow barrier to a carpark on the left (point X on the plan), park here and continue on foot (sorry, we do not give out keys for viewing).
- Follow the track to the side of the carpark for 360 metres bearing right at the junction and to the silver barrier to the wider woodland (point A).
- Follow the stone track straight for 230 metres to the locked wooden gate on the left.
- Climb the gate - this is Carts End wood.
- The north boundary is the outside edge of the track.
- The southeast boundary is marked with white paint on timber stakes and on trees.
- The west boundary is marked with red paint on timber stakes and on trees.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the roadside bollards up to the woodland boundary (marked XAB).
- A right of way is reserved over the route BC for the benefit of the land beyond. This is also a public right of way.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.