Glede Wood, nr. Telford, Shropshire. 5.31 acres of established hardwoods in a peaceful location for £75,000 (freehold) [#F1771]
A delightful parcel of well-established native hardwoods offering good accessibility which is ideal for family camping.
TF10 9HT (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 127
- Roadside gate: SJ 699 164
- Centre of wood: SJ 700 167
Glede Wood is located at the far end of a forest and looks out over green pasture and the attractive village of Lilleshall. The wood is a compact area of mixed hardwoods sited on well-drained ground with a level aspect. Planted in the 90s, the trees are established and growing strongly on level fertile ground.
The wood has a good range of species including oak, wych elm, horse chestnut and sycamore and the majority of more recent trees are ash, noted for their superb burning qualities. The fringes are dominated by mature trees, remnants of the older establishment.
Glede Wood is rectangular, with the east side having an open aspect and far-reaching views across farmland. The woodland floor is level and clean, thus providing excellent opportunities for quiet woodland recreation.
Three sides of the wood are marked with ditches, and within the wood are a few shallow ponds providing a great draw to local wildlife including ducks which are frequently seen in the area and even dragonflies. Walking quietly through the wood you will hear woodpeckers and at dusk, the resident owls. Flora include wood sorrel, sedge and even some patches of bluebells add to the seasonal woodland blooms here.
Previous owners have used Glede Wood as a regular place to camp with the family and some of the camping additions remain in place such as a caravan. For someone looking to do the same, this woodland is perfectly set up or someone to take over and enjoy the tranquillity of the woodland.
If It Were Mine
I would thin out some of the poorer trees (this would make perfect firewood), and also create some open glades to encourage the wildflowers. I would look to dig out some of the ponds, hopefully encourage some wildlife to the area, perhaps clear the sides a bit to open it up and maybe make a feature of them.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Directions from Newport. Drive along the A518 heading southwest towards Telford.
- Drive until you reach a roundabout with the Redhouse Inn on the right-hand side.
- Drive straight on at this roundabout for approximately another mile.
- Take the second turning on the right, onto the road called Kynnersley drive, directions towards Hincks and The Humbers.
- Drive down this road for a little over a mile and you will eventually pass the Wychwood Kennels and Cattery on the left-hand side.
- The track will turn into a stoned track, continue on for another 200 metres, passing a metal gate and a timber gate.
- When you reach the third timber gate (point A on the plan below), please park in a safe place, not blocking the track nor the gate.
- Climb the gate (sorry we do not provide keys for viewing) and follow the track and take the first right and walk until you find the plain wire fence with orange painted tops. This is the start of the woodland (point B).
- The north boundary is indicated by a ditch.
- The south boundary is indicated by a ditch.
- The east boundary is indicated by a ditch.
- The west boundary is indicated by a plain wire fence with orange painted tops.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked AB and ACD on the plan).
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.