Welling Wood, near Telford, Shropshire. 3.24 acres of outstanding undisturbed English woodland for £42,000 (freehold) [#F1721]
An Ancient Semi-Natural Woodland packed with old oak and chestnut in a secluded spot with far reaching views and a stone’s throw from Telford in Shropshire.
TF6 5BS (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 127
- Roadside gate: SJ 662 092
- Centre of wood: SJ 660 097
Welling Wood has the character of a typical old English woodland, commanding oaks and chestnut with sprawling gnarly branches casting their seed far and wide – abundant flora kept in check by a marauding deer and the frequent twitch and flutter signals the movement of little creatures.
This delightful and diverse woodland is set amongst a wider forest located in tranquil Shropshire countryside. Three miles south of the M54 and a short distance east of historic Shrewsbury, this broadleaf wood is accessed via a track which is initially hard stoned then transitions to a soft surface leading to the boundary.
The wood has a flat topography positioned on a broad hillside; the north boundary meets open pastureland, offering fabulous uninterrupted views as far as Staffordshire.
The sparce understory is graced with holly, rowan and hazel, providing shelter for the abundant fallow deer population. There is deadwood from fallen branches and trees, providing habitat for mosses, fungi and insect life. In the spring and summer months the floor is flush with bluebells, grasses and ferns. Sightings of local birdlife such as song thrush and tawny owl are also commonplace in the area and in such a naturalised woodland I would hope to see a goshawk too!
If It Were Mine
The wood is so pretty that I would leave well alone, this one is for admiration. But with a sensible hat on I would ringfence some areas from the deer to allow the regeneration of tree saplings to set the scene for the next generation of trees.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the PowerStation at Ironbridge A4169 heading north east on Buildwas Road.
- At the roundabout, take 1st exit on to A5223.
- After 0.2 miles at roundabout, take 1st exit After 0.4 miles turn left towards Dog in the Lane.
- After 0.3 miles turn right on to Dog in the Lane.
- After 0.7 miles turn right towards New Works Lane.
- After 0.5 miles turn left on to New Works Lane.
- After 0.5 miles there is a yellow barrier to a carpark on the left (point X on the plan), park here and continue on foot (sorry but we do not provide keys for viewing).
- Follow the track to the side of the carpark for 360 metres bearing right at the junction and to the silver barrier to the wider woodland (point A).
- After 70 metres there is a wooden gate on your right (point B) with a soft track proceeding into the wood, follow this until you reach a wooden post with orange paint on the left of the track and a wooden post with orange, green and pink paint on the right, this is the start of Welling Wood (point C).
- The northeast boundary is where the trees meet the field indicated by the agricultural fence.
- The east boundary is indicated by green paint on trees and posts.
- The southwest boundary is indicated by orange paint on trees and posts.
- The west boundary indicated by blue paint on trees and posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route XABC.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing obligations.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you have funds in place before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.