Carts End, near Ironbridge, Telford, Shropshire, mature deciduous Ancient Woodland with open space and car access. 1.49 acres for £24,000 (freehold) [#M1700]
A charming woodland characterised by a landscaped area ideal for camping, located close to the Wrekin and Little Wenlock.
TF6 5BS (This is for the local area, not specific to the woodland).
Ordnance Survey Grid References
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 127
- Roadside gate: SJ 662 092
- Centre of wood: SJ 658 095
Carts End is a small parcel of treed land set within a larger Ancient Semi Natural Woodland. It is characterised by a manmade earth formation that provides a level platform on an otherwise sloping area of land. This provides a prominent but secluded elevated position hidden from all but the most adventurous.
Within the wood you will find old oaks, short birch, hardy chestnut and a plethora of other tree species growing wildly. At the centre of the wood is a grassy area surrounded by birch trees and is a delightful setting for camping.
Access into the wood is very easy with a 2WD car as there is a stone track from the council road to the inside of the wood. It is also very private as there is a fence along the outer boundary and a locked gate at the entrance of the wood.
This small wood will suit those with a modest budget and provides plenty of opportunity for a weekend woodsman to do a little tree cutting and sapling planting. For nature lovers, this commanding spot is a great to position to hide and snap some of the wildlife in the area – fallow deer are popular on the Wrekin and you will likely see them passing through the wood at dusk and dawn.
If It Were Mine
I like it as it is, but a little ‘nip and tuck’ to some of the trees would encourage development of the woodland and also clear a route through the wood.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the PowerStation at Ironbridge A4169 heading north east on Buildwas Road.
- At the roundabout, take 1st exit on to A5223.
- After 0.2 miles at roundabout, take 1st exit After 0.4 miles turn left towards Dog in the Lane.
- After 0.3 miles turn right on to Dog in the Lane.
- After 0.7 miles turn right towards New Works Lane.
- After 0.5 miles turn left on to New Works Lane.
- After 0.5 miles there is a yellow barrier to a carpark on the left (point X on the plan), park here and continue on foot (sorry, we do not give out keys for viewing).
- Follow the track to the side of the carpark for 360 metres bearing right at the junction and to the silver barrier to the wider woodland (point A).
- Follow the stone track straight for 230 metres to the locked wooden gate on the left.
- Climb the gate - this is Carts End wood.
- The north boundary is the outside edge of the track.
- The southeast boundary is marked with white paint on timber stakes and on trees.
- The west boundary is marked with red paint on timber stakes and on trees.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the roadside bollards up to the woodland boundary (marked XAB).
- A right of way is reserved over the route BC for the benefit of the land beyond. This is also a public right of way.
- A maintenance clause covers all the shared rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- Confirmation of how you will fund the purchase
- The full contact details of your instructed solicitor (including name of company, contact name, email address, telephone number and full address)
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. We cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of the land.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.