Fox Covert, Lot 4, 3.95 acres of restocked commercial woodland in a peaceful location with a dilapidated shed, on the A5 between Oswestry and Shrewsbury. Available for £29,000 (freehold) [#M1498]
A substantial area of recently replanted woodland on flat ground in Shropshire. Benefiting from excellent access, offering a significant investment opportunity.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 126
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SJ 350 226
- Centre of wood: SJ 350 225
Nearest postcode: SY11 4EU
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
The sale of Fox Covert represents an exciting opportunity to acquire a small area of newly replanted commercial mixed woodland located near Knockin, Shropshire. It is ideal for a purchaser looking for a long-term woodland investment.
The property forms part of a larger wood which fronts an unclassified road. It includes a timber shed that is an excellent ‘doer-upper’ project to create a useful storage space.
In 2018 Fox Covert was restocked at a rate of 2,500 trees per hectare after the felling of the previous crop which had reached maturity. The wood has been planted with Douglas fir and western red cedar in smaller numbers. Around the fringes planting includes a mixture of native broadleaves, notably oak, cherry and birch. The entire wood had been managed to encourage establishment - all of the trees are climatized to the site and growing with some vigour.
Emerging from the ground is an abundance of wildflowers including bluebells, dog’s mercury, anemone, red campion and celandine.
If It Were Mine
I would maintain the guards and the trees to ensure they grow to their best and develop good form. I would also renovate the wooden shack as a useful base to store tools/shelter from the weather.
Under the terms of the felling licence the new owner is required to maintain the young trees for a period of 10 years.
Please remember some operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- The wood is accessed from the A5 between Shrewsbury and Oswestry, about a mile south of West Felton.
- Within the 40 speed restricted zone the crossroads where the A5 meets the B4397, take the turning to Knockin.
- After approximately 700 metres take the first turning right on to Gamesters Lane.
- Fox Covert is a short distance down the lane on the left hand side indicated by a gate with a Woods4Sale sign.
- Please park safely and climb the gate to access the wood (point A on the plan).
- Sorry we do not provide keys for viewings.
- The wood is immediately to the right of the track.
- The north boundary is indicated with red paint on wooden posts.
- The east boundary is the agricultural fence.
- The south boundary is the outside edge of the track, indicated by blue paint on wooden posts that may be off-set by a short distance.
- The west boundary is indicated with yellow paint on wooden posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is reserved over the route AB for the benefit of the land beyond.
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all the rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.