Parks Wood, Rudyard, Leek, Staffordshire. 2.64 acres of broadleaved woodland for £34,000 (freehold) [#M1479]
A delightful parcel of maturing broadleaves set in the rolling Staffordshire countryside. Abundant oak and birch ideally located just outside Leek and a few miles from Congleton.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 118
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SJ 952 598
- Centre of wood: SJ 952 597
Nearest postcode: ST13 8PP
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Set on the brow of a hill with fabulous views to the south, Parks Wood is a delightful area of woodland graced with semi mature oak, birch and rowan. This densely populated wood offers first-hand experiences for the aspiring forester. With a gentle slope to the south overlooking farmland, what better place to spend a weekend giving mother nature a helping hand! The trees are a manageable size which can be easily converted into firewood, products for bodging, fencing or trellis supports.
The light soils and diverse tree species support a wonderful and unique variety of flora including fine grasses, bilberry and ferns with sporadic clumps of bluebells blooming when in season. Within the wood you will find outcrops of sandstone and old tracks made from previous activities in the wood. We believe that sandstone may have been cut from here and used as building material locally in the past hundred years.
Parks Wood is positioned on the edge of a larger native English woodland which is home to numerous fauna and birds. There are badgers in the area, Mr Fox has been seen ‘a-wandering’ and the rattle of the woodpecker is often heard in the distance.
The wood has good access off the A523 though remains quiet and tranquil. You will enter from the main road through a locked gate and along a hard-surfaced track suitable for a 2WD car at all times of the year. There is also a pull in for a car, providing space to set you up for a day in the wonderful surroundings. The wood is located 3 miles from Leek and 7 miles from Congleton.
Parks Wood has an existing Forestry Commission thinning licence (valid until May 2021).
If It Were Mine
This wood is the perfect choice for those looking to own a beautiful amenity woodland for leisure purposes, including camping, or for simply getting closer to nature. The trees would welcome a light thin to favour the best form and will provide plenty of scope for the new owner to produce small quantities of quality firewood for the family home and an excellent project for an enthusiastic woodsman.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Head north west from Leek along the A523 towards Macclesfield, after about a mile you will pass the junction for Rudyard Road on the left.
- Continue for a further mile passing a junction on the right on a left hand bend.
- Entrance to the wood is around a further 220 metres on the left.
- The metal gate has a Red Rock Forestry management sign on it (point A on the plan below).
- Park safely without blocking access and climb the gate (sorry, we do not give out keys for viewing).
- Follow the track for 90 metres to point B, this is the start of the wood and continues on both sides of the track until you reach the southern boundary, indicated by red paint on wooden posts and trees 100 metres from point B.
- The north boundary is indicated with blue paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The east boundary is the agricultural fence and old stone wall.
- The south boundary is indicated with red paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The west boundary is the agricultural fence and old stone wall set back from the edge of the private road.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route AB.
- A right of way is reserved along BC for the benefit of the woodlands beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known existing fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.