Ruddy Wood, Rudyard, Leek, Staffordshire 2.53 acres of broadleaved woodland for £31,500 (freehold) [#M1441]
A well located and attractive woodland on the outskirts of Leek. Benefiting from great views and convenient access.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 118
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SJ 952 598
- Centre of wood: SJ 951 596
Nearest postcode: ST13 8PP
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Ruddy Wood is a delightful young broadleaved wood that sits on the edge of a larger native English woodland. This tranquil and unspoilt parcel is set in the hills of rural Staffordshire and has great potential for the new owner.
This wood is accessible through a secure gated entrance and along a hard surfaced track that gently meanders through the wider woodland. It sits on a raised aspect with its boundary looking out over grazed pasture and idyllic countryside. It is composed of pioneer trees at pole stage, some mature trees along the periphery and with a welcoming aspect.
The tree species you will find in Ruddy Wood include oaks, birch and rowans with the occasional small holly and chestnut. Beneath these trees lay swathes of fine grasses, bilberry, blackberry and ferns with sporadic clumps of bluebells blooming when in season.
There are the remains of an old track or path that passes across the back of the wood that we believe might have once been used to sledge large pieces of sandstone. The sandstone would have been used for building locally.
Ruddy Wood has a slight dome like topography gently sloping to the west and east. The access to this wood is suitable for a 2WD car and runs from the council road and continues through the wood. There is small layby on the main track to base your woodland activities from.
The wood is located 3 miles from Leek and 7 miles from Congleton, and is an ideal size for management whilst providing useful firewood. It is also a stone’s throw from the Peak District National Park offering an incredible landscape to discover.
Ruddy Wood has an existing Forestry Commission thinning licence due to expire in 2021.
If It Were Mine
Ruddy Wood is the perfect choice for those looking to own a beautiful amenity woodland for leisure purposes, including camping, or for simply getting closer to nature. The trees would welcome a light thin to favour the best form and will provide plenty of scope for the new owner to produce small quantities of quality firewood for the family home and an excellent project for an enthusiastic woodsman.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Exiting Leek north west along the A523 to Macclesfield, after about a mile you will pass the junction for Rudyard Road on the left.
- Continue for a further mile passing a junction on the right on a left hand bend.
- Entrance to the wood is around a further 220 metres on the left.
- The metal gate has a Red Rock Forestry management sign on it (point A on the plan).
- Park safely without blocking access and climb the gate (sorry, we do not give out keys for viewing).
- Follow the track for 200 metres to point B, this is the start of the wood.
- The north boundary is indicated with red paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The east boundary is the agricultural fence and old stone wall.
- The south boundary is indicated with white paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The west boundary is indicated by a stone wall.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are included in the sale except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- There is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route AB.
- A right of way is reserved to others over the route BC.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known existing fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.