Winkle Top Wood, Rudyard, Leek, Staffordshire. 2.05 acres of broadleaved woodland for £24,500 (freehold) [#M1392]
A beautiful and peaceful parcel of maturing broadleaved woodland looking out over Staffordshire rolling hills. Packed with oak and birch, ideally located between Leek and Congleton.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 118
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SJ 952 598
- Centre of wood: SJ 951 595
Nearest postcode: ST13 8PP
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Winkle Top Wood is a delightful young broadleaved wood that sits on the edge of a larger native English woodland. This tranquil and unspoilt parcel is set in the gentle hills of rural Staffordshire and has great potential for the new owner.
This wood is accessible through a secure gated entrance and along a hard surfaced track that gently meanders through the wider woodland. It sits on a west facing aspect with its boundary looking out over grazed pasture and idyllic countryside. It is composed of pioneer trees at pole stage, some mature trees along the periphery and with a welcoming aspect.
The tree species you will find in Winkle Top Wood include oak, birch and rowan with the occasional small ‘sprit’ of holly. Beneath these trees lay swathes of fine grasses, bilberry and ferns with sporadic clumps of bluebells blooming when in season.
Winkle Top Wood has a slight slope which graduates slightly to the west away from the track. The access is suitable for a 2WD car and runs from the council road to the edge of the wood. There is a pull in off the track, to set you up for a day in the wonderful surroundings.
The wood is located 3 miles from Leek and 7 miles from Congleton, with great access, making it an ideal size for management whilst providing useful firewood.
Winkle Top Wood has an existing Forestry Commission thinning licence but is within a Conservation Area, as such it is a requirement to consult with the local tree officer before felling trees.
If It Were Mine
This wood is the perfect choice for those looking to own a beautiful amenity woodland for leisure purposes, including camping, or for simply getting closer to nature. The trees would welcome a light thin to favour the best form and will provide plenty of scope for the new owner to produce small quantities of quality firewood for the family home and an excellent project for an enthusiastic woodsman.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Exiting Leek north west along the A523 to Macclesfield, after about a mile you will pass the junction for Rudyard Road on the left.
- Continue for a further mile passing a junction on the right on a left hand bend.
- Entrance to the wood is around a further 220 metres on the left.
- The metal gate has a Woods4Sale sign on it (point A on the plan).
- Park safely without blocking access and climb the gate (sorry, we do not give out keys for viewing).
- Follow the track for 300 metres to point B on the plan, this is the start of the wood and continues on the right side of the track.
- The north boundary is indicated with white paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The west boundary is the agricultural fence and old stone wall.
- The south boundary is indicated with green paint on wooden posts and boundary trees.
- The east boundary is indicated by blue paint on wooden posts on the outside edge of the track which may be off set by a short distance.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except where reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
- A right of way is granted for this wood from the council road up to the woodland boundary (marked AB on the plan).
- A right of way is reserved over points BC for the benefit of the woodland beyond.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all rights of way with liability according to use.
There are no known existing fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market (please ensure you are in a position to fund the purchase before doing this):
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.