Fire Oak Wood, Little Wenlock, near Telford. 2.66 acres of mature oak woodland for £29,500 (freehold) [#M1382]
Superb mature oak woodland with hazel coppice. Excellent road access and a very quiet location. Close to the M54 giving good access from the Midlands and mid Wales.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 127
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SJ 628 069
- Centre of wood: SJ 629 069
Nearest postcode: TF6 5BL
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Fire Oak Wood is a mature woodland of mainly widely spaced mature oak trees, some of which are of veteran age and very grand in stature. Amongst them are numerous hazel coppice stools that have significant shoots providing poles and canes. There are also good numbers of birch and rowan with some areas of dense holly trees. There are several open areas that bloom with a sea of bluebells that would be perfect spaces to sit and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere, have a picnic or camp. There is also the distinctive smell of wild garlic in the early summer and a lovely display of wood anemones.
The wider woodland, including Fire Oak Wood is designated as Ancient Woodland indicating that it has been under continuous cover since the year 1600.
The land is generally flat or slightly sloping and appears to be well-drained. The soil is classified as fine loam and the fertility is demonstrated by the health and growth of the trees.
Access to the woodland is via a quiet country lane, through a private gate and along a hard surfaced track that runs the length of the northern boundary. It is suitable for a two wheeled drive car all year round.
There is a caravan parked inside the west boundary which, with a little TLC could be spruced up to provide a suitable respite from changeable weather.
If It Were Mine
I would re coppice the hazel stools and strim a pathway to fully explore the wood. I would also find a sturdy oak to place a rope swing and look at carrying out some infill planting and nurse the next generation of trees forward.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From the M54 leave at Junction 7 signed for Wellington B5061.
- At the bottom of the slip road take the exit for Little Wenlock at the T junction
- Travel for a further 2 miles into the village of Little Wenlock.
- Just as you enter the village turn right onto Spout Lane. Follow this for about a mile where, opposite a farm there is a metal gate to the right and a Woods4Sale sign just behind (point A on the plan below).
- Please park without blocking access.
- The spur to the immediate right leads into Fire Oak Wood.
- The northern boundary is the top edge of the track indicated by red paint on trees and wooden posts, these are set back from the edge by a short distance.
- The eastern boundary is indicated by green paint on trees and wooden posts.
- The southern boundary is indicated by the agricultural fence and hedge with a field beyond.
- The short west boundary is set back from the western edge of the track.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is reserved to others over points ABC.
- A shared maintenance clause covers all rights of way with liability according to use.
- There is a public footpath that passes over the immediate track but not inside the wood itself.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.