Fox Covert, up to 7.91 acres of restocked commercial woodland in a peaceful location with good access, on the A5 between Oswestry and Shrewsbury. Available in 2 lots from £24,000 (freehold) [#M1372]
An area of recently replanted Douglas fir woodland on flat ground in Shropshire. Benefiting from excellent access, representing an investment opportunity.
Lot 1: 3.33 acres
Lot 3: 4.58 acres
Lot 1: £24,000
Lot 3: £32,000
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 126
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate for lot1: SJ 350 226
- Roadside gate for lot 3: SJ 350 227
- Centre of wood: SJ 349 225
Nearest postcode: SY11 4EU
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Lots 1 & 3 at Fox Covert represent an opportunity to acquire part of a newly replanted commercial woodland located near Knockin, Shropshire, ideal for a long-term investment.
In 2018 the wider Fox Covert was restocked at a rate of 2500 trees per hectare after the felling of the previous crop which had reached maturity. The northern half has been planted with Douglas Fir and western red cedar. The southern section has been planted with a mixture of native broadleaves and Douglas fir. An abundance of oak, cherry, birch and rowan have been planted in the gaps between the chestnut stools which are reshooting and growing with some vigour.
Beyond the newly planted areas are a variety of mature trees that denote the margin of the woodland as a whole. These trees provide a refuge for wildlife and an opportunity for nature to seed the ground, they include oak, sycamore, willow, ash cedar and fir. In spring there is an abundance of wild flowers including bluebells, dogs mercury, anemone, red campion and celandine.
The entire wood is generally flat with a slight slope to the north and west. Soils are light, free draining favourable to conifer tree.
We have been instructed to sell lots 1 & 3 initially, but there is the potential to buy further lots, or the wood as a whole. Please contact the office for more information.
Lot 1: 3.33 acres £24,000 Half of the area is planted with Douglas fir with the remaining area a combination of natural regeneration, coppice and planted broadleaves. There are some outer boundary mature broadleaves and fir, also notable is a Wych elm tree.
Lot 3: 4.58 acres for £32,000 is a long strip of woodland that has been restocked with Douglas fir. To the north is an area of mature broadleaves that could provide a source of firewood. This lot has the benefit of its own access gate making it distinct from the other lots in this wood.
If It Were Mine
I would maintain the guards and the trees to ensure they grow to their best and develop good form. I would also clear weed competition immediately around each tree to encourage their growth.
Under the terms of the felling licence the new owner is required to maintain the young trees for a period of 10 years.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- The wood is accessed from the A5 between Shrewsbury and Oswestry, about a mile south of West Felton.
- Within the 40 speed restricted zone the crossroads where the A5 meets the B4397, take the turning to Knockin.
- After approximately 700 metres take the first turning right on to Gamesters Lane.
- Fox Covert is a short distance down the lane on the left hand side.
- Lot 1 is accessed via the gate at point A . Please climb the gate (sorry we do not give out keys for viewing) and continue along the track until you reach a post with blue and yellow paint on your left (point B) This is the start of the wood on the left of the track.
- Lot 3 is accessed via the gate at point X. Please climb the gate (sorry we do not give out keys for viewing).
The outer boundaries are indicated with agricultural fences and hedges.
- The northern boundary is indicated by blue paint on wooden posts.
- The eastern boundary is indicted by yellow paint on wooden posts.
- The southern boundary is indicated by red paint on wooden posts.
The sporting rights are owned and included in the sale. They are not let.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- There are no public rights of way in this wood.
- Lot 1: there is a right of way at all times and for all purposes over the route ABC with liability according to use.
- Lot 3: has its own entrance gate.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.