Kenelm Wood, 3.29 acres of mature chestnut and oak woodland near to Halesowen, Worcestershire for £46,000 (freehold) [#M1285]
A distinctive parcel of broadleaves in a superb location, with excellent access and within easy reach of Stourbridge and Kidderminster.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 139
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside gate: SO 957 783
- Centre of wood: SO 955 781
Nearest postcode: B62 0JY
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Kenelm Wood comprises of a broadly flat parcel of native woodland typically containing mature oak, chestnut, cherry, birch and rowan. It lies at the edge of an Ancient Woodland, amongst the rolling hills of rural Worcestershire. Excellent local roads make this woodland easily accessible by car, within 15 minutes of both Bromsgrove and Halesowen.
Amongst the mature trees there are abundant smaller trees in the lower canopy that give the wood a diverse and sheltered feel. The occasional holly, hazel and chestnut add character, further demonstrating the richness of this woodland.
The forest floor is free from entanglement, providing easy walking throughout the wood. The displays of patches of bluebells in spring is a treat for the eyes, while chestnuts provide good eating for autumn foragers.
Kenelm Wood is a wonderful amenity woodland that also offers timber prospects if the new owner so desired. It has great potential for leisure activities, such as camping and for observing nature as well as being perfect for the amateur woodsman looking to provide firewood for the hearth. The small size of a number of trees makes this wood easy to work and favouring some of the best stems will encourage the development of the woodland for future generations.
The wood benefits from a hard-surfaced track that runs from the public road to the woodland boundary and is suitable for a 2WD vehicle at all times of the year.
If It Were Mine
Kenelm Wood needs very little work but as a keen forester, I would seek out any disadvantaged trees and remove either them or the surrounding trees to encourage them to develop.
I would select a sturdy branch for a rope swing and create a camping spot for some magical moments with the family.
Please remember some management operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- From Halesowen; take the B4551 heading south to Romsley.
- Turn right onto Farley Lane, approximately 300 metres after passing through Romsley.
- After a further 500 metres stay on Farley Lane through the left bend and in 200 metres the woodland entrance is signposted on the right.
- The woodland entrance is set back from the road. The locked steel gate has a Woods4Sale sign on it.
- Park safely without blocking access. I’m sorry but we do not give out keys for viewing.
- Climb over the gate (point A on the plan) and walk following the hard-surfaced track for 190 metres to point B; Kenelm Wood is to the left.
- The north boundary is indicated by green paint on boundary trees and wooden stakes, set back from the inside edge of the track.
- The west boundary is indicated by blue paint on boundary trees and wooden stakes.
- The short northwest boundary along the internal track is indicated by red paint on boundary trees and wooden stakes.
- The southeast boundary is indicated with red paint on boundary trees and wooden stakes.
- The east boundary is indicated with an old fence.
The woodland comes with full sporting rights.
The mineral rights are owned and included in the sale except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- A right of way is granted over ABC.
- A shared maintenance clause covers these rights of way.
- There is a right of way reserved over the track marked XY for the maintenance of the water treatment works located at Y.
- There are no public rights of way inside this wood.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
There are some restrictive covenants to protect the woodland and the environment. Please click on the button below to view these.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.
Woods4Sale Ltd hereby give notice under section 21 of the Estate Agents Act 1979 of their interest in the land being sold.