Yarningale Wood, near to Claverdon, Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire. 0.44 acres of mature broadleaved woodland. £9,000 (freehold) [#M1261]
A small but attractive area of woodland with mature oaks set on the edge of the delightful Yarningale Common.
OS Landranger Series Sheet No: 151
Ordnance Survey Grid References:
- Roadside point: SP 187 660
- Centre of wood: SP 187 660
Nearest postcode: CV35 8HW
This postcode will take you to the local area but may not take you to the woodland. You will need to use the location plan and directions as well.
Located in a picturesque rural setting, Yarningale Wood stands to the northwest of Yarningale Common and Mill Mound, a medieval earthwork on which a windmill once stood.
This wood is in a relatively sheltered position surrounded by other woodland and grassed common. It is conveniently reached along a quiet council road that provides access to a few residential properties dotted along the lane.
Yarningale Wood is a flat parcel of land predominantly stocked with mature oaks, possibly around 70 years in age. There is also ash, sycamore, cherry and an abundance of thorn forming a small thicket in the north corner. The boundaries are defined by what appears to be a slightly elevated earth formation and possibly a hedge which has now grown out.
There is scope for cleaning some of the scrub and encouraging some self-seeded trees. The high canopy of trees means vegetation on the ground is minimal and it is easy to walk freely. The fertile loamy soils here are certainly an advantage and offer the possibility of a very productive woodland, given a little intervention.
If It Were Mine
Long term, I would consider constructing a fence or wall with a single doorway enclosing the area, to create a ‘secret’ walled woodland/garden. I would enhance the area with plants and shrubs to create plant structure and borders, perhaps also create somewhere to a shelter, a path and seating area to take in and enjoy the surroundings.
Please remember some operations require approval and/or a licence.
To View This Woodland
You are welcome to view this woodland at any time during daylight hours. We do ask that you download a copy of these particulars and take them with you, mainly so you can correctly identify the boundaries and access points.
Residential Planning Permission
You are extremely unlikely to get residential planning permission for this woodland.
Directions & Access
- Leave Henley in Arden on A4189 (Warwick Road).
- After 2.0 miles turn left onto Ossetts Hole Lane.
- After 0.8 miles Turn left on to Yarningale Lane.
- After 0.2 miles the wood is on the right along a track leading to houses along the edge of the Common.
- You will see a Woods4Sale sign set back from the track.
- All the boundaries are marked with green paint on boundary trees.
- The corners have been marked with green paint on wooden posts.
The sporting rights are included. They are not let.
The mineral rights are in hand except as reserved by statute.
Rights Of Way
- The wood is accessible over common land.
- There are no public rights of way in the wood.
There are no known fencing liabilities.
How To Buy
This woodland is being sold on a fixed price basis. We require the following information in writing before we mark a woodland as sold and take it off the market:
- The name and price of the woodland
- Confirmation you have viewed the woodland
- Full name (including middle names), address, phone number and date of birth of all legal purchasers
- The full contact details of the solicitor who has been instructed
Please click on the button below for more information.
Maps & Plans
Plans, areas and particulars are for reference only. They have been carefully checked by us but we cannot guarantee their accuracy and they do not form a part of any contract. Prospective purchasers must satisfy themselves, and we will give as much help as possible with all information we have available.